Claro TV

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
With all the current problems of FTA satellite programming, I am contemplating the purchase of a new 'legal' satellite system from Claro TV. If anybody here on the board has purchased one of these, I would like to know the following:

1) How do you get a channel list for each of the packages they offer, Plan Basico, Plan Superior, & Plan Avanzado? Claro can only supply me with a list of the Basico package, for some reason they are unable to tell me which channels you can get on the other packages. Its sort of like having a restaurant without a menu, but not surprising in this country.

2) Are most of these channels in Spanish with optional English in subtitles, or are some of these channels in English with optional Spanish subtitles, or a combination?

Thanks for any help.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
With all the current problems of FTA satellite programming, I am contemplating the purchase of a new 'legal' satellite system from Claro TV. If anybody here on the board has purchased one of these, I would like to know the following:

1) How do you get a channel list for each of the packages they offer, Plan Basico, Plan Superior, & Plan Avanzado? Claro can only supply me with a list of the Basico package, for some reason they are unable to tell me which channels you can get on the other packages. Its sort of like having a restaurant without a menu, but not surprising in this country.

2) Are most of these channels in Spanish with optional English in subtitles, or are some of these channels in English with optional Spanish subtitles, or a combination?

Thanks for any help.

signed up on thursday last,1400 pesos for 2 boxs.Installer came yesterday,and spent most of day installing new phone lines throughout house from street.They finished about 2pm and other claro people came to install boxs.Both boxs are hd capable.One is a recorder as well,with pause, record in the future,etc...same as tivo.HD cable does not come with system,so I will buy at Americano.The recorder is a cisco,Scientific Atlantic IPN430MC,with 160 Gig of memory.
Someone had said it was slow to change channels,but not so,very fast.
Quality of pic is excellent on both my Tvs...one is a lcd,other is a regular tv.
190 channels,including golf channel as well as many of the DISCOVERY,National Geographic type,and in English.You can change language on most programs...and it has the ABC
cost is 1500 plus tax.
so far so good.
the zona colonial is full covered

i will name some of them

locals (22 channels)
news
fox news
cnn international and cnn in spanish
bbc
24 hours news
entertainment
warner channel
fox latin
sony
e!
axn
fox life
pople and art
FX
clasico tv
universal
lifestyle
hallmark
film $ arts
fashion tv
animax

musical

telehit
mtv
vh1
much music
natgeo music

sports

speed
fox sports
espn1 espn2
kids
jetix
discovery kids
cartoon n
disney
boomerang
nickelodeon
zaz

culture

biography c
history channel
animal p
national g
gourmet c
infinito
discovery channel
home n health
travel n living

internationals

abc
nbc
cbs
tve
tv5 monde
rai

movies
tnt
tcm
mgm
cine latino
dmx

beautiful instrumental
opera
love songs
alternative
classic rock
upbeat oldis
hot holliwood hits
new age
etc

They have premium package too
playboy
venus
private gold
cinemax
max prime
moviecity
city mix

prices
Superior plan
$995

170 channels
70 internationals
22 locals
17 ppv
50 digital music
11 picture in picture

premiums
adult $350
3adult channels $900
movie city $400
ppv movies $100
adult movies $120
you can program for english or spanish on most movie,special channels...spanish sub.
I am very pleased with it and the recorder tivo is awsummm.
bob

ok there is everything
bob

Feb 7, 2007
Claro Tv has two services - satellite and IPTV.

Satellite service has only 29 channels + package of HBO + Movie City (Plan Basico). The cost is $380 pesos + taxes (about 450 pesos in total).

You cannot get other plans (Superior or Avanzado) with satellite system, only with IPTV system. IPTV is currently available only in SD and ST.

The list of available channels under Plan Basico (Satellite) is here: ClaroTV

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have two friends using Claro TV (IPTV) and it buffers like crazy, badly pixilating video (lack of bandwidth). Make sure you check with others in your area that have it before signing the contract.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Well apparently all 3 plans are satellite, they never mentioned anything about IPTV (which I assume would go through an existing or new DSL line?). I will check it out. Thanks for the warning.

lajackael

Dec 12, 2004
pages.prodigy.net
I have had the service for less then a week. I initially posted a negative comment about the service before I spent a lot of time checking it out. I concur with the comments above from JaguarBob. It is "Awsom"...........It took an accident for me to discover all its merits. My box froze and I unplugged all the wires and used HDMI(in case it would show better). I then discovered a setting for people with HDtv's. I tried it and I am now getting 1080i tv and TIVO. I have one bone to pick....I am paying $1500.00 pesos for "one"(1) box and tivo....and if I want 18 additional premiums I have to pay another $600.00 pesos.
I have the Avanzado plan and I am looking at a brochure in front of me now that list the Avanzado service for $1575.00 pesos. So maybe I should have negotiated harder(which is what I and my DR girlfriend thought we did.).
The 1080i is impeccable and I do not have the satellite version. Contrary to my previous post I highly recommend this to people who want to watch tv until nfusion either wins or looses its battle. I continue to watch nfusion "when it comes in"....
10 thumbs up to Codetel for "NOW"........until something better comes along.
One caution is I had to sign a agreement that if I broke the contract within 18 months I had to pay something like $20,000 pesos as a penalty...............

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Now I don't have Claro and I don't have satelitte so this may be wildly off topic but I just told a friend here that if you pay the Tricom cable bill in one annual payment, they give you a 20% discount, which was worth it. So wanted to at least put it out here somewhere......

Macintosh

Aug 13, 2009
ClaroTV Box

signed up on thursday last,1400 pesos for 2 boxs.Installer came yesterday,and spent most of day installing new phone lines throughout house from street.They finished about 2pm and other claro people came to install boxs.Both boxs are hd capable.One is a recorder as well,with pause, record in the future,etc...same as tivo.HD cable does not come with system,so I will buy at Americano.The recorder is a cisco,Scientific Atlantic IPN430MC,with 160 Gig of memory.
Someone had said it was slow to change channels,but not so,very fast.
Quality of pic is excellent on both my Tvs...one is a lcd,other is a regular tv.
190 channels,including golf channel as well as many of the DISCOVERY,National Geographic type,and in English.You can change language on most programs...and it has the ABC
cost is 1500 plus tax.
so far so good.
the zona colonial is full covered

i will name some of them

locals (22 channels)
news
fox news
cnn international and cnn in spanish
bbc
24 hours news
entertainment
warner channel
fox latin
sony
e!
axn
fox life
pople and art
FX
clasico tv
universal
lifestyle
hallmark
film $ arts
fashion tv
animax

musical

telehit
mtv
vh1
much music
natgeo music

sports

speed
fox sports
espn1 espn2
kids
jetix
discovery kids
cartoon n
disney
boomerang
nickelodeon
zaz

culture

biography c
history channel
animal p
national g
gourmet c
infinito
discovery channel
home n health
travel n living

internationals

abc
nbc
cbs
tve
tv5 monde
rai

movies
tnt
tcm
mgm
cine latino
dmx

beautiful instrumental
opera
love songs
alternative
classic rock
upbeat oldis
hot holliwood hits
new age
etc

They have premium package too
playboy
venus
private gold
cinemax
max prime
moviecity
city mix

prices
Superior plan
$995

170 channels
70 internationals
22 locals
17 ppv
50 digital music
11 picture in picture

premiums
adult $350
3adult channels $900
movie city $400
ppv movies $100
adult movies $120
you can program for english or spanish on most movie,special channels...spanish sub.
I am very pleased with it and the recorder tivo is awsummm.
bob

ok there is everything
bob

Question regarding the ClaroTV box. See, I have 4 room where I have a TV now would that mean that I have to rent 4 boxes at 300peso amonth?
Can I buy the boxes or do I have to rent them?

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
I have had the service for less then a week. I initially posted a negative comment about the service before I spent a lot of time checking it out. I concur with the comments above from JaguarBob. It is "Awsom"...........It took an accident for me to discover all its merits. My box froze and I unplugged all the wires and used HDMI(in case it would show better). I then discovered a setting for people with HDtv's. I tried it and I am now getting 1080i tv and TIVO. I have one bone to pick....I am paying $1500.00 pesos for "one"(1) box and tivo....and if I want 18 additional premiums I have to pay another $600.00 pesos.
I have the Avanzado plan and I am looking at a brochure in front of me now that list the Avanzado service for $1575.00 pesos. So maybe I should have negotiated harder(which is what I and my DR girlfriend thought we did.).
The 1080i is impeccable and I do not have the satellite version. Contrary to my previous post I highly recommend this to people who want to watch tv until nfusion either wins or looses its battle. I continue to watch nfusion "when it comes in"....
10 thumbs up to Codetel for "NOW"........until something better comes along.
One caution is I had to sign a agreement that if I broke the contract within 18 months I had to pay something like $20,000 pesos as a penalty...............

which city/town are you located in?

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
claro tv

Claro Tv has two services - satellite and IPTV.

Satellite service has only 29 channels + package of HBO + Movie City (Plan Basico). The cost is $380 pesos + taxes (about 450 pesos in total).

You cannot get other plans (Superior or Avanzado) with satellite system, only with IPTV system. IPTV is currently available only in SD and ST.

The list of available channels under Plan Basico (Satellite) is here: ClaroTV

do you know if this is available in Costambar?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Have Claro TV In Santo Domingo and...........

I LOVE it! Being able to watch so many channels in "English" is really great!
I pay 2,100 pesos a month for 3 "Boxes" I can't make the boxes do much,but my kids know how to use all the features available. Cris Colon

lajackael

Dec 12, 2004
pages.prodigy.net
Conchman,
I live in Santiago...........Gurabo.............I am watching Claro TV now and it is Very good.
I plan to go back on Monday and get another box for another TV(which is supposed to cost around $300.00 pesos). I have the top rated Cisco box Recorder with TIVO...for my office. I am leaving Astor and getting a second box that will not have a recorder(I only need one recorder box in the house). And I am extemely pleased with the service and quality. No I repeat NO complaints...........now there is a hook to their game. They give you Movie City for 3 months on a promotional and sports/Deportes as a one month promotional. If you do not call them before the promotional is over you start paying for the service. And they will advise you that if you try to terminate the service they want you to pay $500.00(forget about that you WILL be happy with the service). And LAST...I have Nfusion and I am presently getting "almost" every channel I got before the move. I do not get the PPV..but everything else. I did upgrade my receiver to bin 24 and also to the new Transponders upgrade. I am extremely satisfied with Nfusion also...I just want both.
Conchman if you are having problems with your Nfusion send me a pm I plan to come north soon to purchase another receiver from the supplier in Cabarette and can assist you. But Claro is also a wonderful deal(for sure in Santiago).