UK Embassy in Santo Domingo, how do I get there?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Would anyone please be kind enough to give me turn-by-turn directions on how to get there?

I'll be coming from Cabarete and I know my way onto the Autopista Duarte, so directions off the Autopista will suffice.

I'm also going without a navigator, so turn by turn directions that I can print out and take with, would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

I also have to be there by 10am so what time should I realistically look at leaving Cabarete?

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
To get what you need, why do you not ask the Embassy for detailed directions? Am sure they must have supplied them many times in the past. Which route are you taking to the capital from Cabarete? Am sure if you need to arrive at the Embassy by 10 am, you will have to consider 'rush hour' traffic into the capital which could affect your journey time quite considerably.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
As you enter the city, Autopista Duarte becomes Avenida J F Kennedy. Keep going until the intersection with Avenida Tiradentes, turn right and continue until the intersection with Avenida 27 de febrero. Here you make another right and the embassy is in the grey concrete "Pepin" office building - about the second building on the right.

You can park in the basement but it might be better to find parking in Plaza Merengue which is on the corner of Tiradentes and 27, entrance just before you make the right turn and continue on foot.

Maybe someone else will post a map.

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Thanks Chiri.

How well are these roads signposted? If it's anything like Santiago, half of the road signs are missing! That was one of the first things I noticed about driving in Santiago with a map. Trying to orientate oneself in a city with no signs was a nightmare!

Are there any landmarks to look out for?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The signs are there but if you are not familiar with the city it is a bit overwhelming.

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Britisn Embassy

They do have a Union Jack outside. Try to get there before 11.00 as they dont accept after that time. Also best give them a call before you go to confirm times.
see their web page
UK in the Dominican Republic

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008
As you enter the city, Autopista Duarte becomes Avenida J F Kennedy. Keep going until the intersection with Avenida Tiradentes, turn right and continue until the intersection with Avenida 27 de febrero. Here you make another right and the embassy is in the grey concrete "Pepin" office building - about the second building on the right.

You can park in the basement but it might be better to find parking in Plaza Merengue which is on the corner of Tiradentes and 27, entrance just before you make the right turn and continue on foot.

Maybe someone else will post a map.

british embassy, santo domingo - Google Maps