Santo Domingo Gyms or Hotel Pools for expats

mathij

Jul 28, 2009
My wife and I are moving to the Dominican for 2 years with work and will be relocating to Santo Domingo.

Can anyone recommend a good gym club with a pool - and give any indication on monthly costs? Also do any of the hotels in Santo Domingo offer monthy or daily rates for expats to use the hotel gym and pool facilities?

We have been looking at appartments but any with pools or gym facilities seem to either be in very poor repair or very expensive.

Thanks

las2137

Sep 1, 2008
My wife and I are moving to the Dominican for 2 years with work and will be relocating to Santo Domingo.

Can anyone recommend a good gym club with a pool - and give any indication on monthly costs? Also do any of the hotels in Santo Domingo offer monthy or daily rates for expats to use the hotel gym and pool facilities?

We have been looking at appartments but any with pools or gym facilities seem to either be in very poor repair or very expensive.

Thanks

I belong to Body Shop, in Naco. I pay a monthly price of around US$55, which is directly charged to my credit card. If I remember correctly day pass is about RD$400.

The pool is about 25 m and has 4 (maybe 5?) lanes. It is on the roof of the gym. It would not be good for children, adults only. (In theory...)

Several hotels do have memberships available, but others will have to chime in on those....

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
The Melia on the Malecon in Gazcue has local memberships but no day passes. Kids are allowed in the pool but not in the gym. I think the membership is around US $300 to join and then US$50 a month // more per family. Pool is outdoor, with bar and grill.
Gym has good equipment and good massage therapists.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
My American friend who has lived in SD about 12 years now maintains a pool membership at the Hotel Santo Domingo, along with a bunch of her expat friends. Sorry I can't tell you the cost.....