U.S. Healthcare Plan

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
The thread has been locked (I understand), but looks like the vote won't even happen until October.

I guess the thing got so convoluted because of all the amendments added to buy votes that they may consider starting over.

FWIW, the Blue Dog compromise in Waxman's committee was for employers with a payroll of under $500,000 to be exempt, and that the gubmint insurance was, in essence, not required. Those two provisions gutted the administrations goals and plans.

Additionally, my congressman informed me that only US healthcare providers would be reimbursed except in life-treatening situations, that basically it worked like Medicare does today. So no coverage in the DR.

No healthcare reform vote before autumn: Obama

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Hum

Additionally, my congressman informed me that only US healthcare providers would be reimbursed except in life-treatening situations, that basically it worked like Medicare does today. So no coverage in the DR.

No healthcare reform vote before autumn: Obama

Well this would take care of my Ins, that I have kept in force since retirement from my company. They will at the current time cover emergency'
s out of the country. This goes much further than Medicare does.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Should be interesting how it plays out. In Canada each province controls it's own medical plan. One rule that is consistant is that if you are gone for one day less than six months you are still covered. If you are a resident of another country you are not covered and it doesn't cost you.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Please keep strictly to topic of this thread will go the same way as the last, and posters who disregard this will receive warnings.... or worse. Consider yourself pre-warned.