Sattar "Shimmy" Qureshi Case

tonystark

Jul 31, 2009
Hello all, I was wondering if anyone had heard anything new in the ongoing Qureshi case? Is he still in jail and have they charged him on anything? I am an investor who was taken out to dinner and introduced to Qureshi's new business plan but I had to refuse the offer because it was a little out of my league. I am very intrigued by this case and was wondering if anyone in the DR has any new information on this case.

Thanks

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Isn't this the joker who tried to sell the Jaragua to some dudes?
And actually sat in the Jaragua lounge schmoozing his intended marks.

Although AZB is apparently not a personal friend, he might know what became of him.

Schaser

Jan 13, 2010
what kind of company is palm beach wings? My friend is desperately trying to get a hold of shimmy. Please message me or post if you know where he is.

Stroy

Nov 5, 2011
I met with Shimmy 2 months ago in Panama. He conned me out $5000. I was promised a job with a bank based in Spain. He claimed the $5000 would be used for a Spainish residency and work Visa. When I arrived at the hotel in Panama, he immediately demanded the money and ran to the front desk of the hotel. I later learned from hehotel manager that he was behind on his bill. The $5000 I gave Shimmy paid his hotel bill and also for the young Colombian prostitute that he promised a Visa as long as she remained "faithful" to him. I realized I'd been scammed and upon returning to New York, I called a few people in Panama that Shimmy clearly did not want knowing the type of "businessman" he is. Shimmy then had some Palm Beach real estate lawyer named Lee Gordon send me threatening emails. I have not lied in any way. I have told the truth and only the truth. I'm posting this to warn others to be careful with Shimmy.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Isn't this the joker who tried to sell the Jaragua to some dudes?
And actually sat in the Jaragua lounge schmoozing his intended marks.

Although AZB is apparently not a personal friend, he might know what became of him.

I have only met him once and I was accompanied by 2 other dr1 members. He is a real slick con-man and very convincing in his schemes. Robert almost caught him of-guard with his questions but the man had a good explanation (BS). After he was arrested, I was investigated by Dominican authorities. I am sure he got himself out of DR by bribing the authorities here. This is not the first guy that I knew which has caused police to investigate me. I am done with making friends in this country. The expats can cause a whole lot more trouble for you than the average dominicans can. Now I am just a "tranquilon" in my casa.
AZB

kimbjorkland

Apr 6, 2011
I met with Shimmy 2 months ago in Panama. He conned me out $5000. I was promised a job with a bank based in Spain. He claimed the $5000 would be used for a Spainish residency and work Visa. When I arrived at the hotel in Panama, he immediately demanded the money and ran to the front desk of the hotel. I later learned from hehotel manager that he was behind on his bill. The $5000 I gave Shimmy paid his hotel bill and also for the young Colombian prostitute that he promised a Visa as long as she remained "faithful" to him. I realized I'd been scammed and upon returning to New York, I called a few people in Panama that Shimmy clearly did not want knowing the type of "businessman" he is. Shimmy then had some Palm Beach real estate lawyer named Lee Gordon send me threatening emails. I have not lied in any way. I have told the truth and only the truth. I'm posting this to warn others to be careful with Shimmy.

Funny story. Consider yourself lucky that you didn't get conned for more than 5K!