Las Piedras Relocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
So I saw earlier this week that the road has been cut near La Union, right by the dump, for the new 400 some-odd apartments, to move the people from Las Piedras, which is next to what used to be El Tablon, in Charamico abajo. The no-bid contract was already awarded to Kuki Silverio, same guy who gets most all the contracts for government projects around the province of Puerto Plata.
Same guy who built La Liberacion behind La Union for the displaced people of El Tablon. A real doozy of high returns for your money on such a poorly executed project. Granted, Las Piedras is not exactly Sea Horse Ranch, but it is shameful that federal money and power politics get so abused. This is nothing new of course. It just never ceases to amaze me the blatancy with which such things are done and how it's all said and done. Protests and a few burning tires aside, I guess this too will subside unnoticed. Then will the marina, residential, et. al complex actually come off the drawing boards to fruition? Seems to be the plan. If I were a real estate investor I would be buying property in Los Charamicos. But I'm not, and I won't.
Just blowing a little steam here. (but I always wanted one of those little places in Club Nautico), seemingly no longer affordable nor available. For good reason I guess.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Not about the one already built. But they're complaining about being dislocated/relocated due to the nearness of the dump and knowing the compact conditions of La Liberacion.
Haven't heard a name yet for the new project, maybe La Liberacion II or something?
Las Piedras is THE drug point for the area, so I guess it'll just continue at the new digs once done. The usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.