getting to las galeras

idefix

Jul 5, 2009
My family and I are spending two months in Las Galeras in November and december with a flight to santo Domingo. Can anyone help us with tips on the easyest method to get there? Bus? How many hours will the trip take?

thank you!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Idefix: This is Asterix under a different name!

I am not sure that there are buses that go there. I know there are not right now from Santo Domingo, at least that are easily available to newbies (or Gauls).

You best bet would be to deal with the Taxi drivers (pirates but pretty good guys) and make a deal for a straight drive there from the airport.

Now it is possible that one of the Romans on this board might have much better information and even guide you on how to :
1) get from Santo Domingo Airport to Santo Domingo city
2) where to find public transportation to Las Galeras (Samana)
3) maybe give you an idea of how many sestercios it will cost you.

I know one way, but that requires you to spend a night in Santiago...if they don't come up with something better, I can fill you in. there is time...

That's my bone for Idefix....

HB (Asterix)

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
There?s a guagua from SD to LG, using the highway. Sorry, that I can?t tell you from where it leaves SD.

Saludos

vlokje

May 13, 2004
The direct gua gua is called Transporte Samana,located behind Avenida Duarte,anyway you can ask a taxidriver.
However if it is you and the family you probably have a lot of luggage you probably better of by taxi direct,
Good luck
Vlokje