electricity debt....

SteveS

Apr 15, 2008

I'm wondering if anyone else read today in the news all about the new plan for the electricity sector and plans etc... From what I read its more of the same old, same old we'Lucia be paid up soon....

However, it stated that the debt is $322million, now only a matter of weeks ago it was over $700million.

Did the govt make good on a debt? I don't see this really. Were the prior figures wrong by a factor of over 200%? Hmm... Or is this a mistake?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Did not read it but

I'm wondering if anyone else read today in the news all about the new plan for the electricity sector and plans etc... From what I read its more of the same old, same old we'Lucia be paid up soon....

However, it stated that the debt is $322million, now only a matter of weeks ago it was over $700million.

Did the govt make good on a debt? I don't see this really. Were the prior figures wrong by a factor of over 200%? Hmm... Or is this a mistake?

Any enlightenment would be appreciated.

Possibly the 322 million is the debt for 2009, I seem to remember that there was 400 Million left from 2008. But wait that can't be true because in the other thread NAL's verified that everything in the DR is better, and there are no negatives. So they must have paid in $400 Million, and the $322 million will be paid next month!