Sosua now has power 24 hours per day !

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
From Sosua news today....

Sos?a has 24-hour-per-day power again?
The spokesperson for Edenorte (the power company along the north coast) has announced that Sos?a can now expect to receive 24-hour-per-day power. The areas that will benefit include: El Batey, Playa Laguna, El Choco, Los Charamicos, Los Llibre, Perla Marina, Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mironas and La Mulata. Edenorte says it can guarantee 90% supply.
Residents of Sos?a Abajo, Villa Maranata, Bella Vista, Los Castillo, La Uni?n, Villa Emmanuel, Puerto Chiquito and Villa Liberaci?n say they are still suffering from regular power cuts, and call it a 'continuous nightmare'.
24-hour-per-day power
Edenorte's response to these complaints is to confirm that residents of these districts don't pay for the power. How can they supply power if the customers won't pay?

SO WHY IS MY AC NOT RUNNING ???

The Banco Popular quad has no electric at this point in time!

Just another day....

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
See the problem is they never said which day was going to have 24 hour power :ermm: And remember at least you are paying more for the 24 hour power :ermm:
For us it only went out twice last night.

Bob K

Reactions: mike l

The spokesperson for Edenorte (the power company along the north coast) has announced that Sos?a can now expect to receive 24-hour-per-day power. The areas that will benefit include: El Batey, Playa Laguna, El Choco, Los Charamicos, Los Llibre, Perla Marina, Sea Horse Ranch, Lomas Mironas and La Mulata. Edenorte says it can guarantee 90% supply.
Residents of Sos?a Abajo, Villa Maranata, Bella Vista, Los Castillo, La Uni?n, Villa Emmanuel, Puerto Chiquito and Villa Liberaci?n say they are still suffering from regular power cuts, and call it a 'continuous nightmare'.
24-hour-per-day power
Edenorte's response to these complaints is to confirm that residents of these districts don't pay for the power. How can they supply power if the customers won't pay?

Just another day....

Only problem is yes we have 24 hours electricity a day, but Edennorte is basing this on a normal day being 36 hours. ;)

Reactions: mike l

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I must admit these guys are actually working very hard to cut branches of trees whereby any strong winds from a hurricane could knock down all lines of power.

They are also replacing electric lines and changing meters so ....24 hour in Sosua will have to wait a couple of days..

After a while U live with it !

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
I suspect that alot of the grid cannot actually handle 24-hour power, the poorly designed and maintained connections get too hot with constant current running through them.

My area in Santiago is supposed to be 24 hours, but there are blackouts several times a week due to the old wiring and transformers just not being up to the task of running 24 hours a day. Also as luck would have it once all is working properly some drunk idiot will come along and crash into a telephone pole, taking out power to the whole area while it is replaced.

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Just a thought but if Sosua gets 24 hour electricity, does anyone know where there's a really big market for 2nd hand inverters? LOL

24-hour-per-day power

Just another day....

24 hour Electricity??????? The power went out last night at 2am and has returned for a half hour this morning,Then its out again. Hope the inversor holds out!!!!!

buttons66

Oct 3, 2006
no power

No power here in Costambar since 12.05am, one thinks they have shut the plants again.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Edenorte

Ever since Mike (I dont blame him personally) posted the 24 hour electric notice we have had more power outtages than ever and its been a "couple of days". Reminds me of the time I was driving to Playa Grande with my wife and I made the mistake of commenting on how good the road was as we went past Gaspar Hernandenez. Instantly it turned into pot hole hell. We laughed, slowed down and enjoyed the drive. My favorite with Edenorte is when the electric goes back on after being off for hours and then after two minutes goes off again for another couple of hours. Sometimes I wonder if they are doing it on purpose and getting a laugh at all those people who are groaning. I refuse to let it bother me anymore and I never get my hopes up so they can dash them on the rocks. Although it is just slightly annoying to see this months bill even higher after all the outtages we have been experiencing. I just try to turn my attention to things I have some control over and that aint much!!!

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Power yesterday in our area was amazing good. It was published that it would be 'off' from 4 am until 9 am but it stayed on all through and only went off at 2.30 pm (half and hour earlier than published) but came back at 7.30 pm instead of the published 8 pm - a result we thought! Due off again at 2 am this morning and back at 7 am - almost perfect but.... went off again just after 8 am and nada until 11.30 am - due off again at 1 pm until 6 pm but currently on - why do they bother to post the 'outage' times when they are total gobbledegook??? I will stay confused at Edenaughty forever and just put it down to 'life in the sunny, warm DR experience'!

Last edited:

augustus

Dec 19, 2007
While in Sosua, after the Forth of July, I witnessed two transformers blow up, or I should say heard, did not want to get a close up view...............

And when they blow, they sound like a bomb...........

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Walls Viennetta

Here's the tasty little chaps :-

Wall's Vienetta - Review - Classic, but not classy!

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
Over 12 hours with no power at home in La Mulata and even longer at my office in El Batey but I'm not complaining, at least we've got 24 hour electricity, some areas haven't you know! LOL