WHY MOVE TO THE DR ???

E

Eddy

My wife is visiting her family back in Canada so I have this extra time to spend reading the posts on this board. Over the past few weeks, I've noticed that there more and more people who express their intent or desire to move to the DR, to work work here etc. My question is why? It would interesting to find out.

C

CES

Re: WHY MOVE. . . ? (One Reason)

Use this link:

<A HREF="http://www.dr1.com/board/index.cgi?read=29056">http://www.dr1.com/board/index.cgi?read=29056</A>

~ + ~ + ~

. . . CES

J

Julia

For sure it's NOT for the money and the stress, the bad weather and the unfriendly people always in a hurry: what do you think about the relaxed atmosphere on a wunderfull island with nice people and work that will pay you ENOUGH to live? Ask your wife!

B

Brenda

Hola Eddy
I would like to share my reasons for moving to Republica Dominicana. I started going there on vacations a few years ago and developed friendships over the years. I felt at home there and fell in love with the culture, land and most of of the people of the country. I went there to take time off from the hustle and bustle of the work environment in the USA. I spent my time there writing a book. The island was a perfect environment for a writer. It also afforded me the opportunity to travel the country a bit and get to know more beautiful families. It was a very positive experience for me and of course I am still in love with the lifestyle I enjoyed there. It is my dream to return someday to live.

H

hillbilly

You deserve another answer...

Hindsight is wonderful. This is a bit of a rant....sorry.

When I was in my 20s, all I wanted was the opportunity to do something positive in the DR. Farming, teaching, whatever.

As I entered the 30s and 40s I realized that my own children were growing up free, well bred, and well educated, and that I really had not done that much contributing to their success. Well, except for the fact that I was there; that my job and my lifestyle permitted me and my wife to be there for them.

I cannot imagine a nicer place to bring up children.

There is a great work environment, if you have 'saleable' skills.. Oh, don't pay attention to the problems with the lights, the water or the garbage..those are superficials, what really makes it all come together are the people.

}From what I can see of the society in the States, I am afraid that I could not go there on a permanent basis. Why yesterday, a 13 year old was sent home from school for disciplinary reasons. He went home, got a pistol and went back and killed his teacher!! That is insanity. Of course there was no one home when he got there to ask what he was doing home so early.If this had happened to me, way way back when, I would have been tanned and my mother would have taken me back to find out what was the matter..New World out there...{

Why Move? Because it is very close to being the best place on the face of the earth to have a family, educate your kids and make a living, all the while enjoying every minute of your existance-come what may..

A

Angela

Re: You deserve another answer...

I have to agree with Hillbilly and everyone, it is the closest place to heaven. The people, the sun, the beached and the music. I could and do only dream of being able to move there. I have been there twice in 6 months and will most likely be there in August. Simply, you must go there and see for yourself. Everyone that I have spoken to leaves there wanting to go back and usually does. I have not heard one person talk negatively, honest!

Forever Dreaming of the DR,
Angela

W

we need more foreigner like you guys

Re: You deserve another answer...

Hi all of you
we certainglly need more peoplle like you whos
imgrate in this country

I like the way you tallk

Roberto
Peace:)

H

Henry

Re: THOSE AARE ANSWERS I WAS LOOKING FOR

My wife and I are looking in to moving to the D.R. We are u.s citizens and have tons of questions about expenses and rights to property and everything a homeowner could. If anyone would care to help, it would be appreciated.

E

Eddy

I've sent you an e-mail on this one. Good Luck

T

trina

Hi Eddy!

HI! Hope all is well back home in Sosua. My father is not doing so well, and I may be here longer than I anticipated. I loved the whole ambiance and attitude of the DR, and although it is great to see family and friends here in Canada once again, I sure miss the family and friends I have in Sosua. "Mi casa is su casa" is probably the truest statement that describes life in the DR, they have such a great welcoming spirit.
If you see Barb and Linden, please say HI for me. I will see you as soon as I get back. Take care until then.
If you don't know Eddy, he owns the greatest Sports Bar in Sosua, located near Hotel Romanoff, a short distance from the Casa Marina.

E

Eddy

Re: Hi Eddy!

You've blown my cover. Hope things work out and see you when you get back.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.

If you are relocating to the DR, you should order the Living in Santo Domingo book available at this site. We put into it content compiled over more than 25 years of answering questions similar to those that you will have.