forums in the DR

drgringo

Apr 25, 2009
With all do respect of course to dr1.com, of which i believe a great source of information. BUT!
Are there any other forums that have more local dominicans as members?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
With all do respect of course to dr1.com, of which i believe a great source of information. BUT!
Are there any other forums that have more local dominicans as members?

How well do you read and write Spanish? I'm sure there are some but I'll bet it's all in Spanish or Dominican. ;)

Oops the boss and I posted at the same time

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I don't know of any good forums for Dominicans in Spanish and for that matter any good Spanish forums in Latin America or the US, but not for lack of looking. If anybody can recommend any, please post them here.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
In Spanish you have places like
Nibaje.com
aguiluchos.com (or something like that)
uepa.com and a lot more...

HB

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Wordreference language forums

For languages wordreference.com has various forums all language related and the moderating is visible and effective. No off topic posts are tolerated and the forums have a large volume of participants. There are usually thousands of people logged on at any given time. I browse and participate occasionally (under a different user name of course) as well. They have a forum called 'S?lo espa?ol' and they mean it. All grammar related questions and answers must be in Spanish. Therefore, those who are looking for a Spanish forum wordreference is good but for grammar and language related questions only.

They have a lot of knowledgeable Spanish speakers from all over and many from Spain IMO. It's interesting to read their comments about the responses from speakers from Latin America when some of the really interesting and more complicated grammar questions arise. To really appreciate some of the discussions and responses you have advanced level grammatical knowledge or get to that point eventually to really appreciate the discussions. IMO, some are too lengthy and detailed for the topic at hand and I usually don't read all of them once someone posts what I would have responded.

WordReference Forums

DR1 Mini Blogs
Another suggestion is the DR1 mini blogs. The topic of choice by 'you' the blogger does not have to be DR related as clarified by Robert when the blogs were introduced/ activated and why not have some of the blog comments/ discussions in Spanish. Whatever you write about write in Spanish and have some DR1 members read it and give their feedback in Spanish. Be creative with the topics. With languages it's easy to find a way to practice and make it enjoyable.

~Marianopolita.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Thanks very much to all I am currently checking them out.

Any other recommendations would be appreciated too.

Vacara

I love AZB!
May 5, 2009
I don't know of any good forums for Dominicans in Spanish and for that matter any good Spanish forums in Latin America or the US, but not for lack of looking. If anybody can recommend any, please post them here.

You can go to http://portal.reddominicana.com/foros

A couple of years back it was fairly popular among Dominicans but the administrator changed its look and people felt uncomfortable with its new format. Still a bunch of people post there, just got to be careful, there's a European guy who thinks he is Cervantes; if you make a spelling mistake he'll let you know what your mama did last night.

Another one is Univision network forum (Rep?blica Dominicana - Univision Foro / Forum)

Volume wise is the most impressive Dominican forum you'll find online, literally you post a message and in hours you'll have trouble to find it; it will be buried under tons of new messages.

The quality of the messages is what you would expect from Univision; pure garbage, no wonder Cablevision wanted to dump them off their cable service. Populated mostly by Dominican Yorks, Moderators are very permissive so expect to see the stress of the Big Apple expressed in Dominican niceties.