Since FTA is down...

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Down But Alive

FTA is not dead.
There are still many channels (true FTA).
You are probably talking about your loss due to N3... :cheeky:
You can still get about 150 channels on Amazonas 61?.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
FTA is not dead.
There are still many channels (true FTA).
You are probably talking about your loss due to N3... :cheeky:
You can still get about 150 channels on Amazonas 61?.

Amazonas, 61W is not true FTA, so you will need a FTA Box that has support similar to what there was for Dish Network.

(If you are in the D.R.)
Signals are weak, so you probably need a 6 foot dish and since it is a Linear satellite, you will need a "GOOD" linear LNB, the ones you use for Dish Network are circular and will not be any good on Amazonas 61W. "Q" levels run in the mid-40's, 42 being marginal reception on the VS9000HD. I am usng a Channel Master 6 foot dish.

(If in the States, not a good sign due to the fact it is a South America beamed service)

There are lots of movies in Spanish and English, Cinemax, several HBO channels, etc.

123W has a strong signal and is true FTA.
It has a dozen or so West Coast U.S. stations, Univision is on there also.
It is a linear satellite also. I receive it in Santiago with "Q" levels around 88-90%. I am using a Dominican 6 foot dish and an old Coolsat 4000 Pro and an old Pansat 2500.

SantiagoDR
Murphy's Lesser Known law:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Feb 7, 2007
FTA is not dead. Nfusion gets over 480 channels (over 380 real watchable channels) including all major networks, major cable networks, premiums (movies, XXX, internatinals) and some HD channels. Hurry up, nfusion is the only system that gets D!N and B3V freeze-free and will be increasing in price in the next few weeks.

P.S. Amazonas is N2, N2 is broken (fully hacked) - that's why there are standalone bins for Amazonas.

Feb 7, 2007
but the receiver needs to be connected to the internet permanently.
This is a drawback for many and has its disadvantages.

All the receivers that get any N3 channels (apart form nfusion: Kbox, Ilink, Sonichub dongle) have to be connected to the Internet. For now, if you want to watch U.S. satellite TV until N3 is broken (loong in the future, if ever) you have to have Internet and be connected.

DominicanBilly

Mar 9, 2005
harborviewcondos.4t.com
Solaris Receiver

Waited as long as I could to see if my old Dish receiver would work again if the hackers found a new solution. No luck and the football season is upon us. So today I had the Solaris receiver hooked up with my wireless internet connected to the receiver. Very good reception with lots of channels.

Have it hooked up to the New York area channels. If there is a NFL game I want to watch that is on in the Chicago or Denver area you can change to reception area that the internet signal picks up.

When switching stations it takes a few seconds to pick up the new channel. I'm guessing it is because the signal has to be de-scrambled via the internet connection. Just guessing but maybe Rubio has the answer to this delay.