hotel reconmedations for grigo/dominican family

canuck1

Jun 22, 2009
Hello everyone. I am Looking for a nice 4 star or better type hotel in Punta cana for a great family holiday.

a little back ground I am a canadian married to a domincan lady for over 6 years now we have a 4 year old little girl. So as you can see i have been to the domincan many times I own a house in Sosua and lived there for a few years before we all moved to canada.

It has been over 15 years since i was in punta cana and my wife has never been We want to come down for a week or two befor our girl starts school. But we do not want to go to the house in Sosua. Now i am sure anyone close to a dominican family knows what i mean we just want a quiet family holiday if we go to the house it will be a steady supply of her family and my drunken friends stoping by for a vist we just want a very nice place to relax.

Something kid friendly and high end service and accomadations
So anyone have any good ideas where a great waterfront hotel to relax in.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hotel Punta Cana...it cannot be beat...

And it's the DOMINICAN REPUBLIC please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HB

spiker19

May 16, 2006
Dreams Palm Beach. I was just there and as always, with the Dreams it was fantastic! Very friendly staff, tonnes for the kids, great food, no reservations needed for the a la carte restaurants, no hotel bracelets, great rooms, plenty of pools.....you will love it! I recommend it to everyone, it was completely redone/renovated and only opened in December 08. I have lived in DR for 4 years and have never met such friendly staff at a hotel! If you have questions PM me, and I can tell you lots more!

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
the Punta Cana Resort & Club and the attached Tortuga Bay will be your high end spots to look on, no AI available.
if you look on high end AI services check out the Paradisus Palma Real, the Melia Caribe/Tropical Royal Services, the Palladium Palace/Royal Suites/Suites Turquesa.
they are the top end in line of all inclusive resorts.
and i know exactly what you mean by 'don't wanna stay in the house...', ha ha
14 years down here, dominican wife and kid, ....
have fun
Mike

nativetexan0803

Aug 10, 2009
NH Real Arena in Bavaro. There are tons of Dominicans at the resort, it is clean, family friendly - Rosa in the kids club is amazing & your daughter will have a blast, the entertainment is wonderful, etc. They have great rates right now because they just are newly remodeled. Loved all the people, everything. Just returned this a.m.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
sorry Texan,
but here i have to disagree.
no remodeling took place at the NH Real Arena, it anyways opened brand new just a year an a half ago, january 2008.
on my first visits there i loved the different look/style compared to other resorts, they did run a great service, loved to grab a beer or two at the sportsbar.
but i am not much convinced from their management moves, they received a bit harsh feedback/reviews since several months now, and such during longer time periods shows that they are not much behind 'solving' such.
Tons of Dominicans?,
yeap, this spring their occupancy rates been due to non satisfied non returning customers so low that they had to drop super cheap deals to get any customers, part of most review complains been the "springbreaker like" crowds partying day and night in not always nice manners even during non-spring-break-time.
and the OP of the thread asked clearly for high end accomodation,
the NH is def a Universe away from getting the label ""High End"".
but at least they are located on one the most beautiful beach stretches of the Dominican East Coast.
happy travels
Mike