Kids baseball in Santo Domingo

Freemo

May 26, 2003
I need some info on how to get my boy started in a little league team in Santo Domingo. He is 10 yrs old and I know he loves playing baseball but his mum doesnt seem to have a clue when it comes to arranging something for him. Any suggestions would be appreciated. He's been there a year already and is spending far too much time sitting on his backside glued to the lap-top

Paul

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Centro Ol/impico Juan Pablo Duarte. Every afternoon and every weekend. You have to go there and meet the league "owners" to sign a kid up, but its there for the taking.

Good idea...

HB

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Centro Ol/impico Juan Pablo Duarte. Every afternoon and every weekend. You have to go there and meet the league "owners" to sign a kid up, but its there for the taking.

Good idea...

HB

Thanks HB I'll get him mum to take him along

Paul

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
I really recommend the Enrique "Quique" Cruz league, their headquarters are in the San Geronimo neighborhood, Enrique Cruz was a star in AA baseball here in the DR, his daughter works for ESPNdeportes and is married to Pedro Martinez and has 2 sons in the Major Leagues.

What I like about that league is that the kids come from middle class family, really educated kids, no barrio kids with their ma?as and desire to fight. My 15-year old brother plays there and is currently headed to a bright future (lefty throwing 80-82 MPH with a sick curveball/slider).

Last edited:

Freemo

May 26, 2003
I really recommend the Enrique "Quique" Cruz league, their headquarters are in the San Geronimo neighborhood, Enrique Cruz was a star in AA baseball here in the DR, his daughter works for ESPNdeportes and is married to Pedro Martinez and has 2 sons in the Major Leagues.

What I like about that league is that the kids come from middle class family, really educated kids, no barrio kids with their ma?as and desire to fight. My 15-year old brother plays there and is currently headed to a bright future (lefty throwing 80-82 MPH with a sick curveball/slider).

Thanks ExtremeR - I think the point about the barrio kids, or lack of, is probably quite significant because my son is quite sensitive and would probably shy away from kids who were too tough. I know they have to grow up and toughen up, but an intro to baseball for him is probably better without having to act tough as well.

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
Thanks ExtremeR - I think the point about the barrio kids, or lack of, is probably quite significant because my son is quite sensitive and would probably shy away from kids who were too tough. I know they have to grow up and toughen up, but an intro to baseball for him is probably better without having to act tough as well.

Is not only the toughness, he will find that in the school as well (doesn't matter if it is upscale or public school), what I am talking about is the fact that if your son leaves his glove in the side to go bat in a shady league, most likely what he will find in it's place is dust. My brother lost 2 gloves that way, until we got tired and put him in the "Quique" Cruz league.

Their even have a website: Liga Enrique Cruz although is hasn't been updated for long.

Last edited:

Freemo

May 26, 2003
Is not only the toughness, he will find that in the school as well (doesn't matter if it is upscale or public school), what I am talking about is the fact that if your son leaves his glove in the side to go bat in a shady league, most likely what he will find in it's place is dust. My brother lost 2 gloves that way, until we got tired and put him in the "Quique" Cruz league.

Their even have a website: Liga Enrique Cruz although is hasn't been updated for long.

Right, I understand, thanks again for the link n all

Paul