NH Real Arena

Jayshiznit

Apr 5, 2007
Hi guys -

Planning to go to Punta Cana in January from NYC. Any of you have info on NH Real Arena..? i try trip advisor and i got good info but wanted to see if you guys know more info on this place..

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Stayed there for 10 days in March this year. We had a Paradise Club room. We didn't spend much time in the hotel but here's my 2 pennies worth...

Cons:
Paid for Wifi which didn't work in our room. But reception in the lobby was fine.
Food - didn't fancy waiting in line at 10am every morning to book a restaurant seat so we only ate at the buffet and the lunch cafe near the beach - definitely not gourmet dining but there's plenty on offer so you can find something palatable.
Servers are attentive and friendly.
Drinks - I hate to say it but probably the worst cocktails I've ever tasted! Most were like a chemical tasting slush-puppy laced with cheap rum and a cherry plonked on top. Maybe I'm fussy in that department as it didn't seem to bother the other guests.

Pros:
Good service, friendly. Room decor was exactly as pictured on their website. Room was clean, modern, comfortable. Bathrooms have large showers and huge jet tubs (i could float in mine :)
Airco worked fine. Balcony had nice pool/sea view. Good sized pool, nicely kept grounds. Cute palapas on their beach. Great stretch of beach, lots to walk to and see. Soles (a cool, beach bar/restaurant) is right next door and safe to walk to and from at night.
Breakfast buffet was standard fare but try the delicious watermelon juice (jugo de sandia) yum.

Hope this helps. Have a fun trip!

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Wow, you can take vb1 words. almost everything he says is exactly what I think of this hotel.
I went there 3 months after they opened last year. and I find the property exactly what I like. simple with style.
rooms very modern, plasma tv with lot of channels, nice jacussy, nice lounge (tanthra bar) maybe the best in resorts in pc. everything fine.
the big problem in this hotel: THE FOOD
the food in the buffet was so bad, that it was empty most time and a large line of people trying to get a chance to eat at the a la carta. believe me I saw people in line from 5pm to get a chance to eat at 8pm. after the second night, i just decide to go and eat outside the hotel.
I gave them a second chance this year. went to paradise club, but the only change was the way to book at restaurants. the food is the same: BLAND and MEDIOCRE.
I dont think I will give them another try until they change the chef. they have a 59dlls rates now, but I wouldnt go again even for free.
If you want lobster you have to pay 30dlls extra.
Drinks are ok. had not problem. they have some international liquor (not premiun as they advertize) just regular white dewar, johnny walker red label, absolut, etc

yb1

Oct 6, 2008
Food

In my previous post I didn't want to sound too damning about the food, after all everyone has different standards/tastebuds. But in all honesty I gotta agree with Johnny - the buffet food was awful!

The AI's here are not renown for good food, so be prepared!

Jan 9, 2004
It is a fairly new typical AI....

catering to mass market tourism.

As such, their model of operation, in order to turn a profit, must include a large variety of inexpensive foods appealing to the broadest variety of guests. That is why, every day and night, you see so many of these resorts serving pasta y papas in so many different forms. Is it often times bland? Yes. Is it plentiful? Yes. But, in general, with due respect to the opinion of the poster above, I certainly cannot characterize it as awful.

The "gourmet" restaurants are way overrated. To me it was the same food as the buffet with a slight twist/alteration/addition, but in a more refined atmosphere. Again, that is not an indictment, but rather an observation.

NH has very nice pools and is on a very nice stretch of beach. If that is your main criteria, you will not be disappointed.

Service was typical of most AI's...hit and miss...but not something to let get under your skin. (My personal observation in various resorts has been that some people can get upset over what I find to be minor inconveniences. They then work themselves into a frenzy because things did not happen as quickly as they would have liked....then throw their hands up and declare "my vacation is ruined.")

Overall, NH represented excellent value for the money. They seem to have an ongoing aggressive marketing and pricing campaign, with prices beginning in the $59 per person per night range (I believe I paid $62 in April 2009). Not sure when you are going in January, but even though it's high season, prices the last two weeks of the month are usually much lower than the first two weeks of January, mostly due to the New Year hoilday time period.

Enjoy your vacation.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

nativetexan0803

Aug 10, 2009
I just returned from NH early this morning & would definitely recommend the hotel to everyone. While others say not to stand in line for reservations, I disagree. We ate a phenomenal steak, mahi mahi, & salmon at Senses, the French restaurant. I would not recommend the Shoreline if you are an American as you will be expecting something else.

As for the rooms, ours was not in the Paradise Club (really how often are you in your room anyway) & was spectacular. The entertainment was fun & kept me active. The sailboat & kayak check outs were easy & almost always available. Lots of people watching everywhere. Since you're from NYC area, you'll love it as most Americans are from NYC area.