Cabarete garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Yup...they are more than happy to dictate residents and force them to pay ridiculous prices but still don't provide a service. We are really starting to move backwards instead of forwards and any time that there is some sort of meeting trying to resolve problems things get worse and the blame game starts.
Our street stinks of garbage now, (more than 10 days with no pick up) and peolpe are taking to burning their garbage with disregard to any plastics, aerosol cans etc. that they throw into the fire.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Where do you guys all live? I pay RD$500 per month and get collected almost every day and I live in Cabarete. Sounds like, and is a freakin' good deal to me?
I don't have a problem, they pick up in main street Cabarete every morning around 7.00am and then work their way round the garbage route. Only time it failed recently was when the trucks were broke or the garbage gang took a week's vacation?
Don't fully understand where or why the complaints are still ongoing? They certainly pick up from residents who pay and I find RD$500 a month for a villa more than reasonable....best value in town compared to beach prices of RD$120 for a bottle of agua con gas!!
Seems like the Condo Dwellers aren't happy to pay for all those empty condo collections? But surely you can't expect the garbage people to investigate each and every condo to see if it's producing garbage? 30 condos on a plot means 30 x RD$500, don't see the problem unless you want special treatment?

Last edited:

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
We live in Pro Cab, Cabarete, and pay also 500 pesos each month.
But if, and I say if, we have luck, the garbagecar comes once in 10-12 day's.
We all are very upset about this, before it was twice a week.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
We live in Pro Cab, Cabarete, and pay also 500 pesos each month.
But if, and I say if, we have luck, the garbagecar comes once in 10-12 day's.
We all are very upset about this, before it was twice a week.

Ramy, we too in Pro Cab Road A
This/last week we've had 3 collections. Appreciate that previous week the truck never came but when I asked the guys they said they'd been on vacation for a few days.
Ler's see what next week is like?

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Follow up

Yep ... saw the link .... saw the rubbish and garbage still piled in the street opposite Kaoba Hotel. Spoke to the garbage collectors - "they no pay, we no collect"! Seems like people who don't pay take the trouble to throw their garbage in the street believing that it will be picked up? WRONG. But it is a frickin mess isn't it?

On this week's garbage collections....
Saturday 8th no collection
Sunday no collection (obviously)
Monday 10th no collection
Tuesday 11th no collection
Wednesday 12th - collection in Cabarete Main Street & for us in Pro Cab.
Thursday (today) - collection in Cabarete Main Street at 07.30am but nothing in Pro Cab.

So I stand corrected - the service is worsening.

ramy

Dec 16, 2007
Peter & Alex,
We live in Calle A, we got also only Wednesday(this week, before each 10 day's) the garbage collection.
Normally pay you 500 pesos for twice a week, makes 8 times collection monthly.
Now you pay the same, for only 4 times, this is a very good business.
50% work, 100% pay.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Garbage collected today 18th in Main Street early morning and later in Pro Cab. That's once this week so far (ie. nothing since last Wednesday).
Think I'll go round there and see what's going on?

Meld

Sep 27, 2009
I live in USA and I have a condo in Cabarete. Is very sad to say that Cabarete is not what it was a few year ago due to the corruction that exist there. El sindico de Cabarete (the Mayor) is not doing a great job and the authorities ,including Francisco Javier Garcia the Secretary of tourism are not assisting this beautiful town.

The garbage situation in Cabarete had gotten out of hand and no one including business owners are not speaking up. The streets of Cabarete are full of garbage,smells bad,specially around the old Azurro hotel.

The old hotel became a garbage dump. I have to walk by the hotel to go to the center of the town and is disgusting to do that . El sindico needs to put garbage cans on the streets of cabrete. Where they think people will deposit the garbage?

The community need to get together and protest. This is affecting the economy of this beautiful town.

Status
Not open for further replies.