Online banking

TheQueen

Jan 31, 2008
We have an account with a bank in Puerto Plata. Is it possible to do online banking with any of the banks in the Dominican? If so which ones?

We would really like to be able to transfer funds from our account here in Canada and put it in our Dominican account so that the person taking care our property can pay bills etc!

Drro

Bronze
Mar 22, 2006
Online banking is possible with Banco Leon and Banco Santa Cruz. I can move money from one account to another, or transfer money in to either.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
ScotiaBank

We have an account with a bank in Puerto Plata. Is it possible to do online banking with any of the banks in the Dominican? If so which ones?

We would really like to be able to transfer funds from our account here in Canada and put it in our Dominican account so that the person taking care our property can pay bills etc!

For Canadians, ScotiaBank may be the easiest but I have transfered to all of them at one time or another from any of several countries.

You need to get the wire instructions from your DR bank and give it to your Cdn bank.
It transfers sometimes the same day but never more than 2 - in my experience.

Not difficult at all. The banks are used to it.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Popular / BHD / Reserva

All have online banking................

BHD: You can pay your credit card and also transfer from account to account (All accounts must be in your name at this time)

RESERVA: You can transfer to third party accounts in RESERVA. Very handy...

POPULAR: You can pay some bills (Codetel etc).........and also transfer between accounts.......

PERSONALLY, I like BHD the best.............

YasminH

Aug 29, 2008
Anyone used ING Directs' Electric Check service to transfer funds to your DR account?

Hi,
ING Direct (an online bank) offers the ability to send what they call "electric checks" directly to another checking account (including non-ING accounts). This is a free service if you have an "electric orange" checking account set up with them.

I am thinking this would be a an easy and free way for me to transfer funds from a U.S. account to an account in the D.R. All you need is the account holders name, email, check routing number, and checking account number.

So, my question for those of you who have D.R. based online checking accounts: Do those accounts have the same type of 9 digit routing number, in addition to an account number, that could be used to transfer money by "electric check" online?