Mistake on Gun license???

djuno718

Dec 1, 2007
maybe you guys Can help me out with this question!!! I my 2nd used firearm and Got the Tenencia and porte License And it is the Weapon i like to carry most for its Thin Profile (Hi Power). But on them they mispelled my first Name. Really only misplaced one letter. for Example: Instead of John as it is spelled in english they put Jhon.
i live in santiago And REALLY HATE going to the capital!!!!! to have to fix this problem.

Besides that my middle and 2 last names as well as my cedula# And of course my picture Are all Correct. will this be an issue if i get stoped and they asked for my Drivers license, papers Etc, and i show them my permit??? being that it is spelled John on my american licesnse as well as my cedula?

Also.. What are the laws Regarding Carrying on airport Grounds for instance i go to pick up a relative and wait for him at the entrance like everyone else? I know you cant go Into the airport But What about outside, the parking lot Etc.

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
the first time they did a mistake in the serial number on my gun i paid someone to handle the correction. it would have been more than one trip in SD; insted a Z they put a 2! it cost me about 5000 pesos!!! It was expensive and difficult because the mistake was in the serial#.
and this time they made a minor mistake i went to the banco de reservas where i did the renovation and the clark called them in SD. first they told that i have to come to SD and after 5 min talk on the phone....i was able to send it via banco reserva to SD and 1 week later i had the corrected one in my hands.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Don't you find it amazing that you have to pay for a mistake that they made?
What is up with that?

Pretty normal for the DR.

People who make mistakes do not take any responsibility.

Look at car accidents, its not who makes the mistake driving, its the fault of the person who has more money to pay!

santa110xyz

Oct 25, 2005
Don't you find it amazing that you have to pay for a mistake that they made?
What is up with that?

well i think it is a way of permanent income LOL
i think "they" are doing it by intention, because to fix an error usually doesn't cost anything, but to get the person in charge to actually correct the error he or she is only driven by some orange / blue or pink colored small pieces of paper!
if you don't offer ... well then they say the person in charge is not here, or system is down or.....what so ever... they are very creative in this way! i personally book it as the Caribbean tax LOL :pirate: it comes with the package !

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
On my first renewal of my gun which had been transferred from my wife to me, they had on my license that I was a Dominicana and 27 years old (Not even close).

This was when you had to go to SD to get it.

I pointed it out to them when they handed me the license.
They told me they could issue a new cardnet but it would cost me because I should have told them it was wrong since the transfer.

I told them I would just wait until next year to change it...........

But by then we could get the license via the bank.
So, I never bothered to go through the hassle.

They eventually got all the information correct on the gun permit by themselves, without me going to SD or paying extra.

SantiagosantiagO
Murphy's Lesser Known law:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.