Dominican Day Parades in NYC-when and where?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
I need info on the parade route, starting time and what would be the best time to get there.

In terms of attendance, is it as popular as the Puerto Rican Day parade?

Is it too crowded to move around and take photos?

Also, I was told there was another parade in Washington Heights a week after the big one(going up St. Nicolas Avenue?), but I have no details on that one.

Anyone with detailed info they can share please let me know.

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
Here we go straight out of the Daily News.......

27th Annual Dominican day Parade
Sunday Aug,9 2009 starts at 12 noon
Sixth Avenue from 36th street to 59th street Manhattan
Bachata Sensation Luis Miguel Del Amargue live on Daily News Float

Best time to go would be 1 hr before start time so you can look for a good spot. It does get crowded so u may have to search. I think is more lively than PR parade you know dominicans. you will have a good time and be able to take lots of pics weather will be good its cool right now so should be a good day.

not sure about another parade but will find out

SY

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I think that the PR day parade is bigger.
I stayed at the lower end of the parade and saw it fine.

I can't remember if there is one in the Heights. I'm vaguely remembering one. There was the Bx Dominican parade a couple of weeks ago.

I remember that there are a couple of them.

Sometimes gang members show up and cause problems. Those problems a lot of times happen around the park. So.....

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
Darn!!! I cant believe i will miss Luis Miguel del Amargue!!! But yes indeed...today is the Dominican Festival. I miss NYC sooooooo bad. I hope somebody goes and takes some pics. I've been before...it is not quite as lively as the PR parade...but it has its own special vibe. The Brazilian parade/festival is also pretty fun with lots of eye candy.

go and enjoy!

Here we go straight out of the Daily News.......

27th Annual Dominican day Parade
Sunday Aug,9 2009 starts at 12 noon
Sixth Avenue from 36th street to 59th street Manhattan
Bachata Sensation Luis Miguel Del Amargue live on Daily News Float

Best time to go would be 1 hr before start time so you can look for a good spot. It does get crowded so u may have to search. I think is more lively than PR parade you know dominicans. you will have a good time and be able to take lots of pics weather will be good its cool right now so should be a good day.

not sure about another parade but will find out

SY

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I hope somebody goes and takes some pics.

go and enjoy!
I actually decided to leave the woods for the cement jungle, for the first time to see this parade. Had a good time, but it's a 'go once' type of thing.

Here are some pics I took:

desfiledominicano026.jpg

desfiledominicano077.jpg

desfiledominicano047.jpg

desfiledominicano046.jpg

desfiledominicano073.jpg

desfiledominicano014.jpg

desfiledominicano042.jpg

-NALs