terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
Bloody Revenge?

This is tragic.
Yes, it is.
Especially as she may have been killed out of revenge.
The report says, that her father had chopped off a girl's arm and that girl was out for revenge...

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
this is sad but i really don't think a girl may have done this. possibly a member of her family....

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
sadder still that it is reported that this young lady was very intoxicated during Saturday's festivities....

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
There are so many things wrong with that article. Wow!

14 year old victim of rape/murder. Who was out at night, intoxicated, presumably on her own, or at least without any competent supervision. And a woman who had her arm chopped off by machete by the vic's father, seeking revenge - F***ed up!

Doubt it was actually the woman the who did it, how can a one armed woman strangle and rape another girl??? Though she could have been involved. Hope they find the bastard responsible!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
is it commonplace for underage girls to be out at night in caberete ?
am i getting a bad feeling here :ermm:
maybe another side of caberete is about to be exposed....

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Cabarete does a good job of keeping minors away from tourist areas at night.

Before people go off on the wrong track, most of this situation apparently occurred in a La Cienaga, a Dominican neighborhood to the west of Cabarete. You'd find few if any tourists in that area. The body was however found on a public beach.

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
Cabarete beach is full of minors every night of the week, even more so when there are concerts such as Saturday night's one. It is quite normal for Dominican children to 'salir a bailar con mi prima' when they haven't even reached sixteen years old, yet alone eighteen! The Police do nothing about it whatsoever, they don't even arrest the shoe shine boys / vendedores de caracoles who are directly in contact with tourists anymore. Even some of the prostitutes that walk the beach at night brely look eighteen.

I don't know about 'another side of Cabarete being revealed' because if you take off your rose tinted glasses, the dark side has been out in the open for a long time.

Even though most of this situation happened in La Cienega a huge amount of inhabitants of La Cienaga, Callejon de las Lomas, El Play, Islabon and from even further afield are drawn to Cabarete's nightlife on a regular basis, and the culprits of this crime and every other crime that happens in the Cabarete area are probably from one of these particular areas.

Life is cheap here and although it may not have been the vengeful girl herself or her family a sicario would probably do the job for less than $500 anyway.

We'll have to see if anyone is brought to justice for this tragedy, but the likelihood is that the blame will be put on some local Haitian who will have been tortured/beaten until they admit to it and the real culprit will walk free.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Cabarete beach is full of minors every night of the week, even more so when there are concerts such as Saturday night's one. It is quite normal for Dominican children to 'salir a bailar con mi prima' when they haven't even reached sixteen years old, yet alone eighteen!

Kids with family watching a bachata/merengue band in front of Blu Restaurant on Saturday night? What's wrong with that... and I don't think they headed off to Bambu or Onno's afterward.

Perhaps I've got rose colored contact lenses... but I'll stand by my statement that one sees very few Dominican minors in the bars at night in Cabarete. Yes, perhaps in the evenings at dinner time. Yes, tourist kids with their parents. And yes, some 16/17 yr old tourist teens dancing.

But to give the impression that the bars are full of minors when the beach converts from dinner time to 'party time' at 11pm, I believe is incorrect.

I stand to be corrected by others, but it's one of the things I think Politur has pretty much under control here.

Jan 17, 2009
One of our employees lives in La Cienaga, where the victim lived. This employee said that she knew the girl, 13 y.o. and pregnant. That they believe it was the woman her father attacked (he's in jail) because the coroner said that the girl had the marks of a woman's hand (nail scratches) in her neck. She also mentioned that the woman had been threatening the family, that she'll get back to this man one way or the other, but if he was in jail, then the family would have to pay (pagara donde mas le duela). The girl's body was taken to Santiago for an autopsy.

Gosh, just read the link to el Nuevo Norte's article, almost exactly the version I heard from my employee.

donP

Dec 14, 2008
4 in 3

Cofresi, Puerto Plata, Cabarete... Four murders in three days.

The interior minister says that the area is one of the safest in the country.
The POLITUR chief maintains that there is "Zero crime" in tourist areas.
Guess, they are also selling RE... :tired:

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
Politur obviously doesn't have the situation of having children on the beach at later hours under control at all, seeing as even her family said that she was quite often out until six in the morning dancing in discos. Her teacher, a man who is involved in the lives of these children even implied that these young girls at 13, 14 years of age go out to the streets to work as hookers/semi pros. That is the sad truth because Imany parents of these kids, out of poverty, encourage their children to go out and find themselves a gringo for hope of a better future.

Anyway let's just hope that the police have actually got the perpetrators and that they aren't let off lightly. And that perhaps, after headlines such as 'murdered minor abandoned studies for night life' appearing in Dominican News websites they will actually start working and enforce a curfew for the Kid's own good, and with quotes saying that the businesses in Cabarete don't control it ie: ask for I.D. they might start doing stop checks.

I doubt it though

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
And what about the other things that don't even make the headlines. What about the owner of 'Las Frutas in front of villa taina which was murdered not long ago, I couldnt find any trace on the internet of that one. And what about the shooting of the other Maria Dorrejo Streit the other week

Hieren de bala abogada Mar?a Virginia Dorrejo

Hieren abogada de balazo en la boca :: Nacionales :: DiarioDigitalRD.com - Noticias Republica Dominicana

I think the Police have no control over anything whatsoever, and the North Coast is rapidly becoming one of the most dangerous places to live in the country.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Doubt it was actually the woman the who did it, how can a one armed woman strangle and rape another girl???

you clearly lack dark imagination. anyone could strangle someone completely drunk and unconscious. as for rape - any object would do.
as for 13 year olds getting drunk in a disco - i saw many girls in their school uniforms that looked 30 years old; i don't know, something about their shape, posture and general built. and who'd ask for a cedula in DR rancho tipico...

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
i saw many girls in their school uniforms that looked 30 years old; i don't know, something about their shape, posture and general built. and who'd ask for a cedula in DR rancho tipico...

Which Rancho Tipico were you in where there have 30 year old women dressed in school uniforms?:D

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Seems the DR evolves slowly, and more slowly.
Never will it keep pace with gringo expectations.
Scream as you will, but pace defines the place,
and it is not so pretty sometimes. The north coast
was all once an array of sleepy little villages, simple
people living simple lives. But we invaded,
and now bitch about what has been created.
The injustices of where we live is because we are here.

thomascabarete

Aug 4, 2008
So do you think that if all foreigners living in the D.R left the country and all the tourists that come here stop coming as well there would be no crime and the place would not suffer 'injustice'

Status
Not open for further replies.