Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Sharing Time With My Son

Hello All!
    Having difficult time sharing time with my son in the DR.
    Anyone out there with similar situation.

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

It would be helpful if you gave us more info such as why you are having a difficult time. Is it distance, money, other parents not allowing it?

Are you a Dominican living abroad? If not then this thread needs to be in another forum which I can move it if I know the answer.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Anna,

Yes, I am an American and the mother of my child is Dominican. Our child was born in the States, and his mother recently moved back to the island. So if you need to move to me to another forum, that's fine.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I recently divorced my wife and she has custody of my daughter. I live in the states and she lives with the child in the Dominican Republic(santiago). She was not happy with the child support that the courts of the dominican republic mandated that I send her on a monthly basis. She tried to play the game that if I don't send her more money than that she would not let me see my child. I took a week off from work went down there and went to El tribual de menores and explained my situation and the court mandated that I give at least 2 weeks notice to her when I am down there thru my attorney and that she hand me over my child for the duration of my trip in the dominican republic. The only reason I even got an attorney for this was so that we don't have to talk directly. But there are laws down there you just have to seek them out.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello Ramondon,
    Good to hear I'm not alone in this boat! Not easy situation. Thanks for the repsonse.
    Evan
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramondon View Post
    I recently divorced my wife and she has custody of my daughter. I live in the states and she lives with the child in the Dominican Republic(santiago). She was not happy with the child support that the courts of the dominican republic mandated that I send her on a monthly basis. She tried to play the game that if I don't send her more money than that she would not let me see my child. I took a week off from work went down there and went to El tribual de menores and explained my situation and the court mandated that I give at least 2 weeks notice to her when I am down there thru my attorney and that she hand me over my child for the duration of my trip in the dominican republic. The only reason I even got an attorney for this was so that we don't have to talk directly. But there are laws down there you just have to seek them out.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Well I can put you in contact with her if you want, I send her $400.00 a month plus I pay a mortgage of $600.00 a month for our apartment where she lives at. And she still believes I should pay more than that, when we were together I used to send her $800.00 a month for support but since I don't have to support her I only have to send the $400.00 a month for my child.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

And on another note the court mandated that I give her only $4,000.00 pesos a month and I said that was not enough to bring up my child so I voluntarily give her $400.00 a month.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Read my previous post I don't have a problem with any of this, I am glad to give that amount believe me if it were in the states it would be double or even triple that amount. And we reached a settlement were she has to allow me to see the child if not she can be arrested, she has already tried it several times with dire circumstances for her. One time she refused to let me see my child and she was arrested that same day and held in jail until I felt pitty for her and asked them to release her.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean also, I know of father's who are real s___bags, they do not care about the child at all, I hear cases of fathers only sending $100.00 a month and that won't cover the basic necessities for the child on a monthly basis.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Ramondon View Post
    And on another note the court mandated that I give her only $4,000.00 pesos a month and I said that was not enough to bring up my child so I voluntarily give her $400.00 a month.
    You're paying a really good amount of child support. Defend your right of seeing your child.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast