Edenorte generator out of service in POP?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Spoke to Edenorte this morning about their providing very little power over the past 24 hours. They said there is a generator out of service.

Anyone have any updates on when this might be resolved?

Or is it just the $700 Million US owed to the various generators
that is the real issue?

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
Maybe that would explain the 24hr outage from Sunday night to Monday night.

A friend told me that there is a ley that entitles you to claim back 150% percent for each hour that there is a power cut.

Has anyone successfully done so?

Maybe this should move to the legal forum and ask the legal beagles their take on it. If it was possible it would be worth posting on how to do it. Wouldn't it be great if everyone on DR1 submitted a claim against Eddy Naughty and his friends!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
we had such bad blackouts here in costambar that our inversor gave up yesterday. and today again, no f***ing power since 9am.
apparently the generator is out but they are "working on it". yeah, right...
i pulled out all our candles.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Is the real reason lack of fuel

I expect that the real reason is a lack of fuel to run the generators.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
It was all over the radio..............

on Monday..........

Sunday night rather late, I'd say around 10 or 11 pm, it began to rain very heavily in Costambar and the power went out within 5 minutes..........

The transformer/generator or whatever it is called affecting AT LEAST Costambar, Cafemba, San Marcos etc.... burned (it is located in Zona Franca) and a new transformer/generator had to be brought in from either Santiago or Santo Domingo ............ there was no less than 4 people from CDE working on it all day Monday............you can see them in Zona Franca from the main road...............

..........and it's my understanding that they were still have problems with it.......

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Edenorte in POP said it is a Nation Wide problem

We were in POP today and Edenorte said it is a Nation Wide problem, notwithstanding the local explosions of transformers, because the government isn't paying the generators.

Service has certainly been pitiful the past several days.

sylindr

Nov 29, 2007
zona franca

on Monday..........

Sunday night rather late, I'd say around 10 or 11 pm, it began to rain very heavily in Costambar and the power went out within 5 minutes..........

The transformer/generator or whatever it is called affecting AT LEAST Costambar, Cafemba, San Marcos etc.... burned (it is located in Zona Franca) and a new transformer/generator had to be brought in from either Santiago or Santo Domingo ............ there was no less than 4 people from CDE working on it all day Monday............you can see them in Zona Franca from the main road...............

..........and it's my understanding that they were still have problems with it.......

i work in zona and there are here today working on it again. we have had power all day here today though

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
miesposo called edenorte and they claimed the problem was local. maybe "nationwide" sounds more serious so they are trying it out on pain-in-the-neck customers? ;) :)
in any case, no power for 14 hours yesterday (costambar), we shut down whatever we could to save inversor. today was good, so far...

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
23 hours and counting!

Power went out at 5pm yesterday evening and is still off.

I'm in between Sosua and Cabarete.

The 24 hr helpline (809 583 1844) was manned from 8pm and no further replies until 8am this morning. The representative couldn't have cared less!

A very hot and sticky night, not much sleep and feeling quite grumpy today!:eek:gre:

Another annoying thing is all the frozen food that I bought from La Sirena yesterday has all defrosted.

BBQ at mine anyone? You''ll have to bring your own cold beers though!

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
No power here in LMIII

A little rain last night and down went the power AGAIN. Luckily I have a good planta but all the same, since the promise of 24 hour power I've had constant power outs far worse than before. I guess the power shortages are actually the only thing you can really rely on in the DR.