Any info on new sports bar at Jaragua?

P

prtyr

There is supposed to be a new sports bar opening at the Jaragua. I believe it will be part of the Champions Chain. Anybody know when it is supposed to open? I'm an extremely picky eater and am getting tired of eating at the same three places;-(

K

Keith

Re: Why only three places?

Prtyr, I'm sorry, but I just have to ask -- how do you reconcile calling yourself "a picky eater" and looking forward to eat at a member of the Champions chain???? :))

As for "the same three places," you must not be exploring Santo Domingo all that much or else you are devoted to a single cuisine. Just off the top of my head, I can recall one good place for fresh fish & seafood (and it's not Vesuvio's, which I'm certain you're already acquainted with), several good places for Spanish-style paella, at least two decent Chinese places, at two good Italian, one place for fondue, two good places for crepes and God knows how many picapollo & mofongo joints...I bet if you explore the archives using the keyword "restaurant" you'd come with names and addresses.
Regards,
Keith

P

prtyr

When I say I'm picky, I mean I don't like a lot of different types of food. I'm mostly a meat and potatoes kond of guy. I'd love to be more adventurous and eat Dominican food, but I just don't like it. I don't really like Italian food, hate French food, don't eat Sushi, don't like mexican food, forget thai etc.

Trust me in the states, I would not go out of my way to eat at Champions, but one of the few places I can actually eat a "decent" meal in SD is Fridays American Bar. It is far from great, but it is edible.

I have tried eating steak in the DR at a bunch of places and pretty much hated them. I've had steak at teh jaragua resterauntss, an Argentine steak house, Camp David in Santiago, neptunos in Boca and many more.

I think for the most part they prepare the food differently. I don't like the checken or beef that comes from the DR, so I make it a point to get imported angus etc, but is still doesn't taste good to me.

Now, please don't take this as bashing the food in the DR! Most people love it. I have overly sensitive taste buds, and sort of prefer food that most other people wouldn't like. It's all my fault and not a problem with the food in the DR.

I'm the kind of guy that goes to New Orleans and eats at Fridays, or a Steak House. I'd love to be able to eat and enjoy other types of food but I just don't.

I could bore you all with a list of stuff I don't eat, but suffice it to say, I'm a rotten guy to eat dinner with!

F

For prtyr

now that is how peoplle should
tallk about they opinions

you did it great this time
telling peoplle what you personally think

and not making it as if it is A 100% like that for every one
Bravo for make it clear to peoplle
that they can see it is you own personal feelings
it was diplomatic this way of tallking

wy should any Dominican be made with you with this way of tallking about oure foods?
hope you gett the point

Roberto
Peace:)

P

prtyr

Trust me, I always state only my opinions. As I have said many times, I love the DR, mostly because of the people. I don not blame Dominicans for the fact that many places have bad service for example. It is because it is a much more laidback country. One of the things I like about the DR, is the fact that it is more laid back. I enjoy lounging on my balcony sipping a Presidente. I enjoy not having to be in a rush etc. What I was trying to point out is that there needs to be better training, oth in skilss and in work ethics for Dominicans to better compete with foreign workers. There is no doubt that Dominicans are fully capable of working just as hard, and just as effectively as any other nationality. Some just need to be taught how. For now it is not very hard to understand why it is possible for foreign workers to be attractive to business owners.

I just don't find it necessary to berate an individual that asks about job oppurtunities. JC can surely try and answer more civily. He has a big chip on his shoulder. Someone politely asks about hepatitis and he jumps down their throat etc. There is no need for that.

Just as he tried to point out that people could use a dictionary, encyclopedia or search the archives, he is able to SKIP over posts that he finds redundant or not interesting. It took him more effort to berate the poster than to answer the question politely.

It is possible for two people to disagree without resorting to name calling and bashing. The thread on immigration reform was pretty interesting and didn't turn into a bash fest.

R

Roberto

Dear prtyr
I do Agree with you in some how now
but juts as it is a democratic board
I hope you dont mind
my desagree in some point
you forgott to sayd
that many companies do not want to ad a qualify Staff on they companies
somes because they dont have the money for it
somes others
because they beleive
that paying someone whos will play the monkeys to the clients
will be enough
so off course wen the clients compalaing
then they blain the allmots 8 milions dominicans
as incompetente

about JC

in some how perhaps you are rithg I am not saying you are
I am juts saying perhaps

you are
but if you would read the tread that he had answer
in a blash way as you sayd
you read them carefully
then if you know how we think in the caribean/latino america
you would find that somes off them are not les insulting then the
blashing that you sayd that JC write
my friend:)
Remember
I sayd it againg we are diferent in mentality culture etc
that does not meen that we are better then you ore not

but yes oure lenguages dont have the same meening that it have
once you translate it
I do not meen translate from english to spanish
I meen the setence
the words/hidiomatical sprations are not the same

so what is my point here
juts as you beleive that JC
should be more polite if I understand well
many peoplle should Remember that many tone are for us Arrogante
juts as it is for many others countrys
as well
you see my friend

we are all Citizen as this planet not juts from a country
but the hold planet

and the planet are not in oure countrys
but the countrys are in the planet

and not because we have more money more guns
we are stronger politiclly then others that give us the rithg
not to integrate oure self in this world
allways thinking that the others are wrong and not us

we have to make somes times consetions

and not allways waiting that the others change

but we have to allow others to tell us what they think
are wrong with oure society
no matter how beautifull are the logo from oure flag

(with out using they home adres they familly/business adres)
(as a way to shut ore perhaps you know what is nex)

we are human we are not perfect
it is oure rithg to stay
on the Spiritual mediocrity if we wan to
it is oure rithg stand up for oure beleives
no matter wisch one are
in the same way that it is oure rithg to defend oure self
us nation as citizen
with all the power that we got

somes of us have to much to loose
somes off us nothings to loose
somes off us do not agree with the insult
wy?
somes times for principle
somes others times for what peoplle call
diplomaty/education

but no matter what you beleive are somes times
my friend you say what the hell
it is the time to stop this now with all what I have
better to be 10 feets under the ground
but Spiritually free
then eating/laughing all the bad joks

that oure historical opresor mad about us every days in oure faces with out the power not to even cry

feeling like a slave in the year 2000
it is perhaps wrong
from the one whos behave like that
but it is allso wrong for the one
whos thoes take the time to find out wy is it behaving like that
what is so made/fulstrate about

I understand JC my Friend not juts becuase
I am dominican
but becuase I know what is beeing unfair

you can not understand
wy JC ore others would behave like they are
because you had never being in they positions

keep Diplomat my friend
in you coment and you will see that inside those monster
that somes off us are for you
are juts angeles

and allso we have a lots to give and share..........

Roberto:peace

C

CES

> > > "about JC" (Roberto)

Roberto, mi amigo:

Your philosophy on life is as Dominican, as you are.

The "love of Dominicans" that the 'Gringos' extol is, for the most part, singular in this hemisphere. Tolerance for others isn't a trait unique only to the good people from the DR but it certainly is their most endearing quality, IMHO. I know this is a bit simplistic but it is my 'take' on the forbearance Dominicans display.

Roberto, you certainly have a 'most engaging' writing style.

Regards,

. . . CES

ps . . . I have posted the missing "ban JC" message to the "Bravenet" . . .