Dorado Club Renovations/Restaurants

L

Lynn

I am off to Puerto Plata this Saturday for the first time for a week and staying at the Dorado Beach Club. I have heard that they were starting renovations and have completed the lobby area. Can anyone give me info on restaurants at the hotel and tell me how the buffets are. Any info on the rooms or any resturants that anyone can suggest would be greatly appreciated. I have no idea what to expect in the DR nor do I know what to expect at the Dorado Beach Club. Thank you.

H

hillbilly

Don't sweat it! You will enjoy it a whole bunch. Food is good and plenty of choices. rooms are more for sleeping than living in. Beach is nice and there is plenty to do. Restraunts nearby at also very good, especially the Chinese one at Villas Doradas, just down the road in fron of the golf course. there are several good places to eat in Puerto Plata. Just ask around-Walterio's comes to mind but I don't even know if it is there, anymore..there is another one that is under the trees ina big old house sort of ona little hill...great place..

have fun and enjoy...

L

Lynda

Renovations have started. Buildings painted on exterior, new lobby, steak restaurant. Make sure you give us a good review when you get back. I'll be staying there for 4 weeks this summer and can't wait to see the changes. I was there in March and the food and entertainment was terrific. Great staff - say hi to Danny in the restaurant, Alberto at the bar, from Lynda and Rhonda in Canada.

L

Lynn

Lynda,just got back on Saturday, Steak restaurant still wasn't open only the buffet and the bar around the pool was still under construction, a lot of unhappy people there last week. Every day from at least 4-7P, no water, some times longer. Hopefully things will improve by the time you get there. Food wasn't anything to write home about, couldn't wait to come home and eat!