Study in Canada - Emerging Leaders of the Americas Program

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Great opportunity!

margaret,

You always seem to find some amazing links from the Canadian government. I will read through this programme out of interest because I think it?s a tremendous opportunity. As well, if I think of anyone I know in Latin America that may be interested I will forward it on.

I hope the Canadian government promoted this well and not relied solely on the local government of the eligible countries to promote the scholarship. Canada is such a great country to study in especially in the large multicultural cities like TO and Montreal. Both have plenty to offer.

~Marianopolita.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
margaret,

You always seem to find some amazing links from the Canadian government. I will read through this programme out of interest because I think it’s a tremendous opportunity. As well, if I think of anyone I know in Latin America that may be interested I will forward it on.

I hope the Canadian government promoted this well and not relied solely on the local government of the eligible countries to promote the scholarship. Canada is such a great country to study in especially in the large multicultural cities like TO and Montreal. Both have plenty to offer.

~Marianopolita.

Thanks Marianopolita but I should have caught the fact that the deadline was in July. There will be a new program announced in February 2010. I'm hopeful that it's not all through connections with local governemtn. However, the Canadian institution submits the application on behalf of the international student, it's not the student who applies dirrectly or the Dominican university. I see that the participating institutions should have an already established exchange program agreement. I don't know if the universities or colleges in the DR have exchanges set up already. I would imagine some do. If not, there's time to set one up hopefully.

At the graduate level it can be arranged through a professor to professor relationship, so there's hope! :)

The Canadian institution must apply on behalf of the student.
CBIE does not accept applications submitted directly by students or exchange partner institutions (foreign institutions).
At the college and undergraduate levels, an exchange agreement between the Canadian institution and the student's home university/college MUST be in place at the time of application.
At the graduate level, an existing exchange agreement between the Canadian institution and the student's home university is desirable. However, if there is no existing graduate exchange, graduate research applications which involve a new or established collaboration between professors from a Canadian and foreign university will be considered.

I agree this would be a great opportunity for someone to study here. If you or any other DR member can help someone to study here -- that would be wonderful. :)