looking for female meat rabbits

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
buenos dias dr1
i ma looking into setting up a small scale rabbit farm.. any knows a place i nthe Santiago region where i cna get a couple of pure bread California rabbits?
gracias
Albin

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
The sign

You should take a picture of the sign and post it.......it could be added to the collection.

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
o nthe turistica..ah.. cool ill take a drive this weekend up their once the rains stops.. and see if they have pure bread Californians ...gracias

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I found this

Next, you need to decide whether you want to raise pure bred rabbits or if you are more concerned with producing the most efficient rabbits. Good breeds for pure bred rabbits are New Zealand Whites, and Californians. Both are white, though the Californians have gray ear tips and noses. Cross breading rabbits tends to produce larger, faster growing kits and therefore is more desirable if meat is the only concern.

apparently cross breeding better - I used to own a new zealand white as a pet, I can tell you he had very big legs to kick you
NewZealand-White.jpg

the rhinelander is another popular breed to eat

rhinelander.jpg

the giant breeds are not so good

love Flopsy

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
i have decide on Californian.. that what my dad raise back in early 90's
As soon as I am up and running I will have a BBQ in my house and we can try out some of my recipes...
I have done lots of research and have begun building the pen to start. This project will be a good thing form me cuz i will be able to employ a family member that at the moment i am subsidizing...He has experience also. .he worked before for my dad.
It will be up i nthe mountain so they will have cooler temperature than in the inner city.. plus we will have a piece of land to cultivate its food ,
My goals is to have a sustainable business with inb8 month.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I just talked with my father in law and he is still waiting to talk with his family who is an Agricultural Engineer and who has had a rabbit breeding operation and knows todo lo que se mueve sobre eso here in cibao. Please be patient.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
You just transported me back to when my daughter was little and I used to read Beatrix Potter to her every night, happy days, thanks for that! :bunny:

I once worked for a few weeks in the pub that is next to Beatrix potter's farm in Near Sawrey, Cumbria.

A minor claim to fame??