Would someone translate this for me.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
The following information is posted on a neighbor's fence. Would someone tell me what this means?

thanks

Phil

este inmueble esta siendo objeto de un proceso dedeslinde para cualquier informacion o reclamacion dirigirse al tribunal de tierras de jurisdiccion original o a la direccion regional de mensuras catastrales correspondiente.

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
:ermm: Babel Fish
this building this being object of a process dedeslinde any information or claim to go to the territories court of original jurisdiction or to corresponding the regional address of mensuras cadastral.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks Domincan Joe, I did use google and tanslated it but the legal meaning is lost to me. So if you could tell me what this means legally I would appriciate it. thanks Phil

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
This is a rough translation, but it says:

This property is the object of a deslinde process. For whatever claims or information, go to the land court of the original jurisdiction or to the corresponding regional office for castastral measurement.

I am no lawyer, but it sounds to me as if they are putting the neighbors on notice that if there are any claims re things like boundaries or easements, the neighbors have to register them with the land court.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I am no lawyer, but it sounds to me as if they are putting the neighbors on notice that if there are any claims re things like boundaries or easements, the neighbors have to register them with the land court.

This is correct. As part of the deslinde process, the surveyor is required to try to contact all abutting property oweners.

The Virginian

Bronze
Mar 16, 2007
Thanks everyone. I understand. When I sarted my deslinde process (2 years ago) I too had to get neighbors signatures. But we never posted such a sign, so I find this a little odd. Thanks again everyone.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
FYI: Nitpicking, not that it makes any difference in the translation: CADASTRAL, rather than catastral...no biggie

HB

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Actually, it is catastro. The word cadastro does not exist in Spanish.
Diccionario de la lengua española - Vigésima segunda edición

catastro.

(Del fr. ant. catastre, este del it. dialect. catastro, este del ant. catastico, y este del gr. bizant. κατάστιχον, lista, de κατὰ στίχον, l?nea a l?nea).

1. m. Censo y padr?n estad?stico de las fincas r?sticas y urbanas.

2. m. Contribuci?n real que pagaban nobles y plebeyos, y se impon?a sobre todas las rentas fijas y posesiones que produc?an frutos anuales, fijos o eventuales, como los censos, las hierbas, las bellotas, los molinos, las casas, los ganados, etc.

Reactions: AnnaC

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
Yes, Pib, but I failed to translate catastral to cadastral when I translated from Spanish to English.

Mea culpa, Hillbilly!

:ermm:

rocker67

Apr 20, 2009
It's a requirement of the new Land Registry Law # 108-05.

Just to be clear what is a requirement of law?
1/ to put a sign up...and thus notify your neighbours

or

2/ leave it in the trusty hands of your surveyor

or
3/ a combination

i only relied on my surveyor!

was i correct in doing so, i mean it has gone to court and i own what i own etc!

cheers