Playa Rincon

ElizaJ

Oct 15, 2008
i have a question myself!... is it better to walk from las Galeras to playa rincon or to take a Horse ride. ?:paranoid:

Cdncpl

Oct 31, 2007
i have a question myself!... is it better to walk from las Galeras to playa rincon or to take a Horse ride. ?:paranoid:

Get a boat at the beach in LG....ask for Arnold or look for/ask for a canadian guy named Joe....They will give you a good price. You cannot walk from Las Galeras, and it is a long ride by horse.

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008

Walk over there? It?s too far. You?ll always find a watertaxi from Las Galeras to Playa Rincon.

You also can go there on horseback, it?s a very nice trip following the coast and the beaches, riding time +-1:15h for professionals. But I only recommend it to experienced horseback riders, the path is a "little bit" difficult.

In April we also went to Rincon by quad. We booked the excursion at Augusto, first went up to the hills, having a spectacular view at Playa Rincon, after drove down to the beach, having 2h for ourselves, had Dominican lunch at Augusto?s family in the middle of nowhere. After we also went to the "Bocas del Diavolo". It was a really great day! But it?s necessary to deal the facts!!!

Saludos

Katy & Alex

Oct 1, 2007
Sarah, the owner of Chalet Tropical, organized for us a ride to Playa Rincon, and it was really fantastic! The route passes through forests of coconut palms and white and golden sand beaches, absolutely deserted! great fun! the horses picked us up directly in the morning (they were in the garden when we woke up!) and the excursion time is around 4 hours. There was also included lunch stop at Playa Ricon. ... running with the horses on the beach, with a breathtaking paoramas was the most unforgettable emotion !!! ... don't lose it ;)!!

CatherineD

Sep 3, 2006
I live in Las Galeras and have walked to Playa Rincon several times. It takes about 2 and 1/2 hours. But I would recommend finding a local teenager to go with you. We have a small guest house - Casa Dorado :: Las Galeras - and we often find a local kid to walk to Rincon with guests. We only ask that you tip them.

The other alternative is boat. My husband, Roberto, as well has boats on the beach. And by the way, Joe went back to Canada a while ago.

Enjoy your stay in Las Galeras!!

Catherine
info@casadorado.com

Last edited by a moderator:

MeluDC

Aug 4, 2009
Is it also possible to take a water taxi from Las Terrenas to Playa Rincon?

Or, since we are renting quads, would it be relatively easy for us to make our way there without a guide?

Playa Rincon looks beautiful!

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
Is it also possible to take a water taxi from Las Terrenas to Playa Rincon?

No, never heard about that, it?s too far.

Or, since we are renting quads, would it be relatively easy for us to make our way there without a guide?
Playa Rincon looks beautiful!

Follow the road to El Limon/Samana/Las Galeras. Around 8 kilometers before reaching LG, you turn left to Playa Rincon (traffic sign). Or go on to LG and take a water taxi.

Playa Rincon is beautiful, but near Las Terrenas there?s a beautiful long beach really topping Rincon - Playa Bonita/Playa Cozon, where I spent several holidays in the Viva Wyndham (actually it?s closed). If you are a "beach-runner": take a concho to Playa Bonita (last year it was 80 Pesos from Plaza Rosada), walk along that beautiful beach, passing the Bahia Estella/Viva Wyndham up to a beachbar, called "Dos Rios" (hope, it still exists, good food, good prices, cold Presidente). When you continue your walk, cross the river and enjoy that great beach till the next river (behind, it isn?t special anymore). It?s a very long walk, because you?ll have to return to Playa Bonita.
Last year it was also possible to reach the "Dos Rios" by concho/car (if you are?nt a "beach-runner"), but meantime a building project called "Jardines de Cozon" was started, so I don`t know what?s on at Bahia Cozon actually.

I?m not allowed to post some of my pics here, so please "google" for further information about Playa Cozon. It?s really worth going there.

Saludos + sorry for my bad English

MeluDC

Aug 4, 2009
Thanks caipiranha!

That's all such great information, caipiranha. Thank you so much. We head to LT in November and I am so excited to try out the routes you suggest and hang out on Playa Bonita. You had me at cold Presidente- I hope Dos Rios is still there! If not, a great beach is what we are after anyway =)

Your english is great! I'm off to google some pictures!

caipiranha

Feb 15, 2008
If not, a great beach is what we are after anyway =
@MeluDC

I?m glad that I could help you. Bahia Coson is my favourite beach on Samana (and I know lots of them), so easily to reach from Las Terrenas.

If you love beaches and like quad-tours - here?s another idea: you could rent a quad, first go to Playa Limon - have fun when speeding miles along that beach (there?s a river there, you can?t cross it by quad when it had rained and the tide is high, please ask the locals, there are several ways to reach Playa Limon), then go back to El Limon. Follow the main road till it turns right to Samana. At that point you drive straight on, perhaps stop at a colmado for another Presidente and Bachata and ask for the way to Playa Moron. If I remember right you?ll only have to follow that way, but keeping left. When you see some houses on your left hand, leave your path and turn left there. You?ll pass a small Dominican village, have a great view to the Isla Limon. Playa Moron is a small, but really nice and lonesome beach (please pay attention when swimming there: rocks and streaming may be dangerous), but also historical with its (very small :pirate:) relics of an ancient fort. On weekends Playa Moron is a popular place for the Dominicans, if you know some Spanish words - viva your fiesta!

I was there on horseback with Dominican friends, so I?m sorry, that I don?t remember that excursion exactely.

Have a very nice stay at Las Terrenas!

Saludos