POP to FLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1258

Bronze
Dec 24, 2007
Does anyone know of any direct flights from Puerto Plata to Ft Lauderdale?It seems that all flights connect through JFK.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
Why not fly into Santiago on Spirit and take a 20-25 dollar cab to Metro or Caribe tours and take the bus to POP for another 6 bucks or so.

2am arrival & 3:30am departure would argue against as an option for me...

May 24, 2009
www.swellsurfcamp.com
why those flight times from STI to FFL?

We recently flew AA from POP to MIA (2 weeks ago) = 22 hour delay leaving POP. Once they fixed the aircraft with a part flown in from Puerto Rico 20 hours after the scheduled departure time, we had to wait almost 2 hours more for the crew to wash off their sun tan cream and get themselves to the airport (2pm), despite the passengers having been taken out of the A.I. they'd been dumped in for the night at 7am. Passengers booed the crew on to the 'plane.

I was very concerned as my kids were flying in from the UK on a British Airways unaccompanied scheme two days later and the regular 4.20pm flight was overbooked. I called their customer service to check what they could do to get me on the next flight as I had to be there to collect my boys. I was told that as I had 'chosen' to let my children (9 and 12 years) fly ''alone'' it was 'my problem' and they would do nothing.

Finally, we took off 22.5 hours late with the chief stewardess throwing a tantrum on the PA system about it not being their fault (she still stank of Piz Buin) and apparently gave the business class passengers a demonstration of how to be a perfect b**ch all the way to Miami :bunny:

We would welcome a real choice to fly out of POP to MIA - a middle of the night flight by Spirit Air to FFL is not much of a choice in reality - PLEASE give the route to Jet Blue who in our view are a breath of fresh air.

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Fly POP-MIA. In Miami, go get a one-way rental car from Miami to Ft. Lauderdale. One way rentals are very inexpensive. You should be able to get one for something in the $25 range. Certainly cheaper than a taxi, and the drive from MIA-FLL is an easy, short trip.

Good luck!

abe

Jan 2, 2002
one way rentals

I used to do one way rentals in lieu of taxis, shuttles, etc. all the time. But I didn't know they had dropped down in price to $25. Please give an example of this.

Thanks

Snowbird

Jan 17, 2002
Each year my wife and I fly to POP from MIA. We get a one way rental in Sarasota for the trip to MIA and then do the same for the return from MIA. We have found that Dollar rental goes for about 25 and change. Shop around a bit and you can get a low rate depending on date, model, hrs. needed, etc. Also, be sure to ask for discounts that might have coming to you be it AAA, SAM's, etc.

SB

Status
Not open for further replies.