cheapest beer

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Can't access the list, but a few years ago, a list like that could be the determining factor of where I'd want to live. Hmm, lets see, Panama: nice climate, nice beaches, good fishing, cheap beer. Sounds pretty good to me!

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
Although I can't see the list, I'm assuming these prices are for avg. restaurant/bar prices, because at a store, a pint is not 5$ in London. Which if you consider avg. price for a peq. at a bar is $120, a pint would be worth about $180, so its not that far off.

Marianopolita

Former Spanish forum Mod 2010-2021
Dec 26, 2003
Panamanian beer...

Check out the following link. They did a survey in 200 countries and Panama came out as the country where the beer is the cheapest, 3 bottles for a dollar!!!
Having lived in Panama and even though not being a real beer drinker I must say that the beer is very good there.

Pintprice, compare beer prices from around the world

As a frequent visitor to Panama, I noticed the two most popular Panamanian beers are Atlas and Balboa Beer both of which I don't like very much especially Atlas. I like to try the national beers of most places I visit especially in Latin America and these two were not that good IMO. In general, I prefer a lager to a light beer but there are few light beer brands that I do enjoy.

The cost of beer in the supermarket in Panama City, Panama, sold in cans is .35 cents. The most popular grocery chain in Panama, El Rey sells the national brands. The cost is higher in restaurants and other establishments but still very cheap in comparison to other countries.

Can't access the list, but a few years ago, a list like that could be the determining factor of where I'd want to live. Hmm, lets see, Panama: nice climate, nice beaches, good fishing, cheap beer. Sounds pretty good to me!

I am not sure some people would agree with you regarding Panama's climate.
From January to June the temperature is easily 37C on a good day and when it rains especially the month of November, early December sometimes you feel like it will never end. Overall, it's a great country and I visit often.

Let's not talk about the beer prices in Canada. They should top the most expensive list.

~Marianopolita.