Company offering Alternative Energy in the DR

rsfl17

Jun 13, 2004
All - I hope this is permitted under the forum rules, but I wanted to let those interested know that there is a new company offering solar energy installations in the DR. I work for SKY Energy, S.A., Inc and we have years of experience in large commercial and residential installations in the US (we are a spin-off of a U.S. firm). We soon will have an office in Santo Domingo.

Anyone interested, please contact me via PM.

Regards,
Robert

beeza

Silver
Nov 2, 2006
I sincerely hope that your venture is a success. It would be so refreshing to be able to tell Edenorte where they could stick their electricity!

I have been following the development of solar technology and it is exciting stuff. Although I fear, still out of my financial reach at the moment.

When it does become affordable for the average people, I bet Doctor Fernandez will have to appoint one of his Ministers without portfolio, a new portfolio. Maybe something like DOMSOL.

So that they can tax Dominican sunshine! LOL!

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
Another local provider

There are options for incorporating solar beyond the larger solar (PV) systems that can have a solid impact on your electric bill such as solar water heaters, stand alone systems, etc.... In addition, financing options that allow you to defer costs over time as you build electrical savings.

A local start-up, also with experience in residential and commercial projects, including grid-tie, off-grid, and stand alone systems is:

SOLAR SOLUTIONS
(809)545-4539

You can call for a free home appraisal and energy efficiency evaluation.

Great service, quality products, and competitive pricing!

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
Price per watt for solar panels

Can anyone of these installers post their price per watt by panel?

Thanks

Solar energy equipment prices are so volatile, I doubt that any company can stick to a price for a long period of time. It also depends on the equipment brand you're buying, a Kyocera panel is more expensive than a Evergreen, etc. An average on watts is between US$3.00 to US$3.75 or even 4 dollars depending on the size (larger panels are more expensive, but the costs by watts are lower)

Aspire

Nov 11, 2007
On average $8 to $9 USD per watt installed...

Feel free to call me 809-545-4539 for a more detailed estimate based on your needs and specifications.

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
Are the DR electric companies required to buy back electricity??? It would make solar more appealing, although we would still need batteries?

gmiller261

Dec 29, 2002
I would like to know what you

are charging per watt (by panel) because I have the batteries and inverters and two (2) Outback mppt 80 amp chargers.

Thanks