Edenorte at it again

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
In the village of Martin Alonzo the prices of electricity just went crazy. They get electricity about 10 hours a day if lucky and They just raised the price 550% on some people. There is a neighbor of mine that has 4 light bulbs and a fridge they where getting charged 200 pesos per month and now they want 1,100 pesos this is not the only person the whole community is being over charged. Most of the families in that small community only have the basic to live on. Edenorte should be ashamed of themselves for ripping off the poor.

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Edenorte is the worst of all the EDES. Someone set fire to their offices in my hometown last night...I don't condone it, but people there are sick and tired of it. Lately they've been providing about 6 hours of power a day and they still pretend that people pay for the "service". If they would at least tell the people when the power is going to be on or off then people could plan their day, but instead the power will be gone for most of the day then come back and be gone again in 1/2 an hour...

TheHun

May 4, 2008
In the village of Martin Alonzo the prices of electricity just went crazy. They get electricity about 10 hours a day if lucky and They just raised the price 550% on some people. There is a neighbor of mine that has 4 light bulbs and a fridge they where getting charged 200 pesos per month and now they want 1,100 pesos this is not the only person the whole community is being over charged. Most of the families in that small community only have the basic to live on. Edenorte should be ashamed of themselves for ripping off the poor.

I agree with the crazy energy prices in the DR, however I don't want to pay for the poor farmers electricity neither.
It's the government who should be ashamed of themselves.
But in the other hand someone had to vote for them.

The Hun

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
200 pesos a month for electricity is nice, but its not realistic. I mean who do you know in the real world who pays 5 dollars a month for electricity?

This is the real problem behind the impasse in improving the electrical situation in the DR, everyone thinks they are either too poor or too special to have to pay, so the middle class pays for everybody. And there isn't enough middle class to cover the whole island's electrical cost.

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
200 pesos a month for electricity is nice, but its not realistic. I mean who do you know in the real world who pays 5 dollars a month for electricity?

This is the real problem behind the impasse in improving the electrical situation in the DR, everyone thinks they are either too poor or too special to have to pay, so the middle class pays for everybody. And there isn't enough middle class to cover the whole island's electrical cost.

When you can't afford more than 4 light bulbs 200 pesos is a lot. Mose families use less than 50 kwh per month and at 3.70 per kwh. The middle class probably have more than 4 light bulbs

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
When you can't afford more than 4 light bulbs 200 pesos is a lot. Mose families use less than 50 kwh per month and at 3.70 per kwh. The middle class probably have more than 4 light bulbs

So, you don't think that payment should be for amount of usage (kilowatt hours)?

mart1n

Jul 13, 2006
So, you don't think that payment should be for amount of usage (kilowatt hours)?

Yes I agree that you should pay for what you use but not 5 times what you use. They don't have meters The electric company just charges what they want.