Where did you get your DR1 Guide?

Adrian Bye

Bronze
Jul 7, 2002
I was in the Zona Colonial today having dinner and after the meal one of the waiters brought over 2 DR1 Tourism guides.. He said it was a gift from the restaurant.. I was extremely surprised and most impressed!

Where did you get yours?

(this likely helps DR1 too, since they will know for sure the guides are being properly distributed)

rickboz

Feb 5, 2006
DR1 Guide

We got ours during our trip to Santo Domingo for residency in October at the Hilton on the Malecon. It was in the room!

boz:pirate:

Cantaloulou

Feb 19, 2008
Surprised!

I asked the reception of the Renaissance Jaragua where I was staying this weekend a booklet, if they had, with info about colonial zone! And, low and behold to my surprise I was given a DR1 guide!!! :glasses:

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
I'm glad to see the hotels and even some of our advertisers are actively handing out the guide. In about 3 weeks we will be distributing the guide's second edition, just in time for Christmas. More maps and more content.

Stay tuned...

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
Don Pedro, Juan Dolio, handed over by a Dominican while I was drinking coffe and reading newspaper in the morning a couple of weeks back. Nice little book BTW.

tht

Master of my own fate.
Oct 10, 2002
Planet Earth
I think you mean Don Juan as in Don Juan Beach Resort.

No, Don Pedro, the beach bar in Juan Dolio. I never go to Don Juan in Boca Chica. The bar is right on the beach just past Popeye and El Bambu, the owners have a bed and breakfast across the road. It was a business card from Capt. Rob's fishing business attached to the guide. The bar has been one of my coffebreak spots since the previous millenium.

skippys

Jan 17, 2003
thnx, r & d.....

I picked MINE up at Zapatta in Boca Chica.....
thanks for the excellent job.....

tjmurray

Bronze
Aug 11, 2006
No, Don Pedro, the beach bar in Juan Dolio. I never go to Don Juan in Boca Chica. The bar is right on the beach just past Popeye and El Bambu, the owners have a bed and breakfast across the road. It was a business card from Capt. Rob's fishing business attached to the guide. The bar has been one of my coffebreak spots since the previous millenium.

Ay yes, I mentioned Don Juan because we distribute there. Rob from Rob's Fishing Charters has been proactive in getting the guide out as well.