Romantic getaway hotel recommendation?

R

Releasekng

Anyone have a recommendation on a hotel for a romantic getaway? I prefer something in the Santo Domingo area but am open to traveling to other locations. Looking for comfort and service, that is room service, comfortable room, jacuzzi tub, etc. Not looking for your typical tourist accommodations.

Thanks

N

Natasha

Right in Sto. Dgo. the Hotel Santo Domingo is my favorite place. The hotel is sophisticated, serene, and definitely more on the romatic side than say Jaragua. Their guestrooms are ample and very nice without being overly done. The common areas of the hotel are limited but very peaceful. The inner courtyard offers guests a chance to relax, read or just take in the breeze. To the right of the courtyard is the large pool which is very inviting. I highly recommend this hotel.

On a smaller scale, the Hotel Palacio right in the heart of the Colonial Zone is also very nice. The rooms are done in antiques (very nice) and the roof top offer a small jacuzzi. Hotal Nader nearby is also very nice from what I have heard.

If you're willing to travel, head straight to the Samana' Peninsula. Take the Metro bus if you're not willing to drive. This is the ultimate romantic getaway spot in my opinion. Stay at El Portillo Beach Resort for a full-scale resort or one of the many smaller hotels in the area: Villa Serena, El Marinique, Club Bonito, La Tambora, Gran Bahia, Cayo Levantado, etc.

Hope this helped,
Natasha

P

prtyr

Re: Romantic getaway Santiago

In Santiago there is ahotel called Camp David. It is small and up on a hill with a great view of the valley. You can eat dinner or lunch with a great view and the hotel is not in a congested area.
Pretty romantic. It is hard to find though, so call ahead for directions or take a taxi.

P

PI-Runner

Camp David

I've heard so many good things about Camp David now that I'm going to take my girl there on my next trip in a few weeks. I can't ignore the pull anymore... romance AND good food? I'm there!

:)

D

Drake

Re: Camp David Hotel

It's also situated on a hill with a great view of Santiago and the Cibao Vally. It's got a very interesting collection of old cars which belonged to Trujillo, Ramfis and Balaguer.