Relocating to the DR

IBNYSD

Aug 12, 2009
Columbus, Ohio, United States
I am considering relocating maybe permanent to the DR. I have traveled to Santo Domingo a few times and once to Punt Cana all within the last twelve months. I am very new to your city. My interest is in Santo Domingo City. I am a diamond jeweler and would be interested in mall space, a more attractive mall. I also could not help noticed the new contraction throughout the city including a new mall or maybe two. (If someone could post the name of the mall (s) that would help. Thanks.

Obviously, I would be the market for housing and preferably in the area. The forums here are great compared to other DR forums I have visited. Between DR1 and a local realtor, I think the transition could be enjoyable.

Any information will help me in this matter. I am looking for a decent location for my goods and price points.

Thanks in advance for you feed back.

Expat13

Silver
Jun 7, 2008
I am considering relocating maybe permanent to the DR. I have traveled to Santo Domingo a few times and once to Punt Cana all within the last twelve months. I am very new to your city. My interest is in Santo Domingo City. I am a diamond jeweler and would be interested in mall space, a more attractive mall. I also could not help noticed the new contraction throughout the city including a new mall or maybe two. (If someone could post the name of the mall (s) that would help. Thanks.

Obviously, I would be the market for housing and preferably in the area. The forums here are great compared to other DR forums I have visited. Between DR1 and a local realtor, I think the transition could be enjoyable.

Any information will help me in this matter. I am looking for a decent location for my goods and price points.

Thanks in advance for you feed back.
Hello welcome to DR1!

I am a Canadian who lives and works in SD almost one year now.
To answer your questions of where to set up shop.

There is an new Mall being built on Churchill near Acropolis center
This looks like it will be the mall so to speak for the upper and uppermid class.
This is Piantini of which again is one of the higher end neighbourhoods.

Close to it on churchill is the Acropolis center-very similar to above.

On churchill and 27 de febrero there is Plaza central--a little older and larger and more medium scale but still great location.

Smaller new mall is bella vista- in the bella vista neighbourhood- again richer area and not as busy of a mall.

Then the largest mall in the city would be Mega centro (the otherside) of the river. This mall i believe has 275 stores and gets a vast variety of customers. The downside to this one is if you want to live close to work-i dont recommend any of the areas in that neighbourhood.

There are many other malls and plazas throughout the nicer areas.

this is a start and hope it helps..

IBNYSD

Aug 12, 2009
Columbus, Ohio, United States
Expat13,

Thanks for the note the advice has help very much. I did not know the city was Piantini. Do you happen to know the name of the mall? If not I will find it through my research.

I have visited the Mega Central and yes it very large, I love working within a network one again thanks for the not.