Marbete - Online Ordering

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
It would have been too big a leap of faith for me to renew my marbete this way ;) but I have just got back from renewing in person in Puerto Plata & same as last year, it was very quick & efficient & the sticker is now on my window. Would be interested to know how long it takes to actually deliver using online ordering & whether it is the same for all parts of the country.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
-What if the matricula still has the previous owner's name, but I have a photocopy of his cedula ? (-would that work, as it did before ?)

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
-What if the matricula still has the previous owner's name, but I have a photocopy of his cedula ? (-would that work, as it did before ?)

They just took the copy of the registration, the money and asked no questions.
Less than 5 minutes, out the door.

SantiagoDR

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It would have been too big a leap of faith for me to renew my marbete this way ;) but I have just got back from renewing in person in Puerto Plata & same as last year, it was very quick & efficient & the sticker is now on my window. Would be interested to know how long it takes to actually deliver using online ordering & whether it is the same for all parts of the country.

m?ximo de ocho (8) d?as para Santo Domingo y doce (12) d?as para el interior de pa?s, sin costo alguno por el servicio de mensajer?a

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Thanks Robert but I probably didn't make myself clear - I meant in real life as opposed to what the website said..........if people come back & post that they received marbetes in accordance with the website promises, I might be able to make the leap of faith next year. Just a bit too used to DR government promises not to be sceptical.......

quaqualita

Feb 4, 2002
Thanks Robert but I probably didn't make myself clear - I meant in real life as opposed to what the website said..........if people come back & post that they received marbetes in accordance with the website promises, I might be able to make the leap of faith next year. Just a bit too used to DR government promises not to be sceptical.......

I did it online last year and the year before. In both cases they delivered the marbete to my door less than a week after, no costs, the guy even refused to take a tip.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
Ditto...............

I did it online last year and the year before. In both cases they delivered the marbete to my door less than a week after, no costs, the guy even refused to take a tip.

Ditto..............except the "guy" DIDN'T "refuse to take a tip"! LOL........

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
it's the sticker you put in the windshield of your car, has to be renewed every year, usually end summer til mid november, a 90 days window, within that time period all car holders have to pay the tax and put the new sticker on.

sidequestion to renewal:
i did this year completely forget about the stcker of the revista, saw the different one on a friend's new car a while ago and realized that i did not buy one for my own car this year. when i went to the Banco Reservas in PC to buy one they told me they actually have the sales of that sticker on hold due to modufucations done to the selling forms.
that been around 2 months ago.
since then i forgot about that thingy again, til this Marbete/Placa thread reminded me of the other sticker.
does anybody know if they finished their modifications on the form and the stickers are again available at Banco de Reservas now??
Mike

carib

Jul 16, 2002
bank marbete

Hey,
Does anyone know if there is a bank processing Marbetes in the Punta Cana/Bavaro (etc.) area ? There was a couple last year but I do not remember where ??
Thanks
Carib

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
banco de prestamo y ahorros is in the list of processing banks.
they have a office at plaza larimar at friusa, across from the texaco gas station.
will be there for renewal on tuesday
Mike

carib

Jul 16, 2002
bank marbete

Hey Mike,
Let us know how it works at the bank........
I will be going soon
carib