Several military busted in Airport luggage theft

Bryanell

Bronze
Aug 9, 2005
Geesh, why am I not surprised?? And who the devil packs a laptop in checked luggage??????

Don't take this too seriously, Alter...not only those who steal from bags are dishonest. In my experience, some of those whose bags were involved will be likely to make some claims for items that they say were stolen from them but were not there in the first place....
:bandit:
Bryan

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
From the linked article "several measures were adopted afterwards to prevent similar actions."

That's reassuring. :tired:

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
From the linked article "several measures were adopted afterwards to prevent similar actions."

That's reassuring. :tired:

To prevent more thefts

... or ...

Prevent getting caught?

SantiagoDR

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
to prevent thiefs, put all your stinky clothes in your checked baggage and your good clothes in your carry on.....

wonder why would they steal my condoms ? :ermm:

El_Uruguayo

Bronze
Dec 7, 2006
to prevent thiefs, put all your stinky clothes in your checked baggage and your good clothes in your carry on.....

wonder why would they steal my condoms ? :ermm:

Im convinced that someone in the ring must have a cousin that owns a pharmacy. I had shampoo, sunscreen, cologne, and a couple of other things stolen from my bag, but they didnt take the aloe ver, I guess they knew it wasnt worth much.

Im surprised it took so long, but I guess thats what it takes is for a group to take what is common knowledge public. Good for them.

Sweetkiwi

Jul 16, 2009
This is disgusting and makes me not want to visit.

I was just in Santo Domingo last week, arrived on the 1st. Myself and a group of other passengers were missing our luggage because the last connection before SD was tight due to a delayed flight and our luggage didn't make the flight. At least that's what they told us!

My friend's Dominican fiance was so worried about my stuff being robbed but when I got my stuff back the next day nothing was missing! I guess I'm lucky I carried my laptop and camera in my carry-on (who checks a laptop??). I'm going back in December and I'm worried because I will definitely have gifts at that time!

RGVgal

Bronze
May 26, 2008
Last time I went to SDQ, someone took my Aveda shampoo and conditioner and some underware..who takes used underware?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Don't take this too seriously, Alter...not only those who steal from bags are dishonest. In my experience, some of those whose bags were involved will be likely to make some claims for items that they say were stolen from them but were not there in the first place....
:bandit:
Bryan

Ahh...this is true.....my mind doesn't think like that... you're probably absolutely correct. But I have had to put in claims with AA for lost bags, and they required receipts for everything. What a challenge that was, and they prorate the value based on the age of the item. Someone would need a receipt for that laptop, which I guess wouldn't be that hard to come by if one has friends....

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I lost all my ski stuff one time in DTW. Because a lot of it was less than a few days old, I had all the receipts and STILL they prorated it down to 75-80% or so.

Never worn. Losing bags stinks

That girl out on the east end w/ the store "Lost Luggage" has a good idea. Quck, short term replacement stuff until your luggage catches up to you. Maybe i should say - IF your luggage catches up to you.