Is There a Canon camera service station in Santiago

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
I am looking for someone that can service a canon digital camera in Santiago. I threw my girlfriend in the pool and I didn?t see she had her camera in her hand. I don?t think she is going to forgive me. HELP!!!!

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
If the camera has warranty in the US or UK do what I did (I'm in the US).

I dropped my point and shoot camera in 10 feet of water in Sosua. Was on a boat, drunk, hit a wave and out flying went the camera. I immediately dived after it and was able to retrieve it. Luckily the water was crystal clear that day and this was near land.

I came back to the US and I let it sit for a few weeks. A month or two later I sent it to Canon saying "camera stopped working" please help. I do not know if letting it sit dried out any water residue or what. Not sure if they couldn't tell it was dropped in salt water. No questions asked I got my camera back in perfect working order two weeks after I sent it for repair.

Perhaps you can send it out with someone and have that someone send it to Canon?

May 5, 2007
All the digitalis now have "indicators" inside that turn color when moisture is introduced, they won't touch under warranty and cost of a "refurbished" camera is less than repairs

If the camera has warranty in the US or UK do what I did (I'm in the US).

I dropped my point and shoot camera in 10 feet of water in Sosua. Was on a boat, drunk, hit a wave and out flying went the camera. I immediately dived after it and was able to retrieve it. Luckily the water was crystal clear that day and this was near land.

I came back to the US and I let it sit for a few weeks. A month or two later I sent it to Canon saying "camera stopped working" please help. I do not know if letting it sit dried out any water residue or what. Not sure if they couldn't tell it was dropped in salt water. No questions asked I got my camera back in perfect working order two weeks after I sent it for repair.

Perhaps you can send it out with someone and have that someone send it to Canon?