how to book flights

dgrant123

Jul 30, 2007
Hi
I am living in pop and would like to ask how to book cheap flights to uk from pop airport some of my family want to go to uk for couple of weeks can anyone help

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
Hi
I am living in pop and would like to ask how to book cheap flights to uk from pop airport some of my family want to go to uk for couple of weeks can anyone help

In my experience it is 'almost' impossible to book one way flights online with the UK charter companies (although they do come up on very rare occasions from UK airports to POP but not the other way round). The offices of Thomas Cook 809 320 0611 and Thomson 809 586 2223 in Puerto Plata will sell you one ways to the UK at a cost of between $550 - $585 (US) when I last travelled. They will only reserve seats 1/ 2 weeks prior as they see how many tourists are on the outward leg before offering them for sale. Standby at the airport is always a little more expensive.

As I said, one way flights from UK to POP are rare so the usual option is to purchase a return ticket and waste (or hand back) the unused portion.

Another alternative is via Jetairfly.com - Please select your prefered language. into and out of Brussels. For some reason their flights from POP to Brussels are well more expensive than from Brussels to POP. Last week when I checked, flights from Brussels to POP were just 149.99 Euros for this coming Monday or the following one so they do get cheap.

Hope this helps...

dgrant123

Jul 30, 2007
Flights

Thanks for that I have booked a single flight to Manchester before the phone numbers are great I will ring in the morning
Thanks again