Good computer tech support near Mirador Norte Santo Domingo

Pedro Tercero

Dec 22, 2006
I need a recommendation for a good computer support outfit. I live part time near 27 Febrero and Caonabo with my Dominican marida, her mom and two daughters. They have a rebuilt Dell, internet service, and wireless. Now that I?m spending more time in the DR, I need to have a reliable system, preferably not unplugging a lot of stuff from their computer and plugging it into mine. I?m not computer savvy. When I tried putting my laptop in place of theirs, it didn?t work and I messed up their system. Part of my special ?needs?is an ergonomic keyboard because that?s the only way I?m able to type efficiently. I brought one down, so that should be taken care of. Now I need to get the computer and keyboard to work on the wireless at the apartment, and get a separate screen I can plug into. I
don?t want to buy a screen recommended by one person, then find out it was a bad steer, etc. I?d like to get started with someone good whom I could stay with. I?ll be taking the computer back and forth. I?m in the DR until September 8 and would like to get this done before then.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

I?d also like to meet some expats who live in Santo Domingo and nearby. I speak decent Spanish. I?m recently retired, recently divorced, and am shifting gears.

Let me hear from you if you think you can help.

Thanks,

Pedro Tercero

Lucille

Bronze
Jan 14, 2007
I need a recommendation for a good computer support outfit. I live part time near 27 Febrero and Caonabo with my Dominican marida, her mom and two daughters. They have a rebuilt Dell, internet service, and wireless. Now that I?m spending more time in the DR, I need to have a reliable system, preferably not unplugging a lot of stuff from their computer and plugging it into mine. I?m not computer savvy. When I tried putting my laptop in place of theirs, it didn?t work and I messed up their system. Part of my special ?needs?is an ergonomic keyboard because that?s the only way I?m able to type efficiently. I brought one down, so that should be taken care of. Now I need to get the computer and keyboard to work on the wireless at the apartment, and get a separate screen I can plug into. I
don?t want to buy a screen recommended by one person, then find out it was a bad steer, etc. I?d like to get started with someone good whom I could stay with. I?ll be taking the computer back and forth. I?m in the DR until September 8 and would like to get this done before then.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

I?d also like to meet some expats who live in Santo Domingo and nearby. I speak decent Spanish. I?m recently retired, recently divorced, and am shifting gears.

Let me hear from you if you think you can help.

Thanks,

Pedro Tercero

Pedro:
CECOMSA- 809-532-7026
I don't know how far they are from you, give them a call.
I use them in Santiago, very good service...

johnny

Bronze
Feb 8, 2003
hausenland.com
Cecomsa is good. you have another place which is closer than Cecomsa and it is very good too, and have better prices. Its located in Ave. Privada and 100 mts from Romulo Betancourt. just next to the Scotia Bank.

Reactions: Celt202
Feb 7, 2007
I will be in SD this coming week for 2 days and I could have a look on your system and see if I could help. No charge. If you're interested, send me a PM with your phone number.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Click on his name in any one of his posts.

Click on Send a private message to rubio_higuey in the drop down menu and follow instructions.

Gregg

Pedro Tercero

Dec 22, 2006
Thanks,

Lucille and Johnny. I will use the contact Johnny sent first because it?s close. I?d kind of like to have Rubio stop by first, but don?t know if he got my PM. I told the computer to send it even though his name wasn?t in my contacts list. And thanks for the tip on how to do a PM, Fireguy.

Pedro Tercero

Feb 7, 2007
Pedro got your PM, unfortunately I had to postpone my trip to SD till Monday next week. I will give you a call then and if you still need help I will drop by.

Pedro Tercero

Dec 22, 2006
Johnny, clarification please?

Hi, Johnny,

I went to the Scotiabank on Privada with Betancourt, and found 3 little computer shops. The one just next to the bank is called Movil Computer, to its left is Megasupply, and to the left of that is Worldwide Service. Which one did you mean to recommend?

Thanks,

Pedro Tercero