Looking for a town similiar to Caberate

mattf

May 6, 2009
I love Caberete but I am looking for a town with white powder sand and on the Carribean side. I like Caberete b/c you can walk to eveything and there are a lot of bars/resturants right on the beach. Just looking to try another place to check out. I usually rent a condo or apartment so a place lined with all AI's probably would not be for me.

Cibaeno

Feb 7, 2009
You could take in consideration Bayahibe in the south-east of the island. No surfing, because no waves, but a beautiful beach and you can walk to everything. If you stay in the town you aren?t near the AIs. The main difference is that there is not too much night life in Bayahibe: some restaurant, little bars and a colmado where most people hang out.

mattf

May 6, 2009
Thanks but need some nightlife. I should add I have been to Sosua and Boca Chica.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
El Corticito in Punta Cana/Bavaro. There are a few non AI hotels and condos right on the white sand beach and a few Cabarete-style restaurants/bars right there as well.

Or...some people would say Las Terrenas fits your description, but the beach isn't very wide and it's on the Atlantic side.

But.....nowhere else is really like Cabarete!

mattf

May 6, 2009
Thanks. I never been out to the Punta Can area. I have tried to do some research on El Corticito but really have not found out much info. I would like to find a condo or small B&B. Are there bars/discotecs to go at night besides the big AI hotels? I always heard the beaches were nice but I thought the beaches would be lined with AI hotels like Cancun.

DavidZ

Silver
Aug 29, 2005
www.vipcigartours.com
Thanks. I never been out to the Punta Can area. I have tried to do some research on El Corticito but really have not found out much info. I would like to find a condo or small B&B. Are there bars/discotecs to go at night besides the big AI hotels? I always heard the beaches were nice but I thought the beaches would be lined with AI hotels like Cancun.

El Cortecito is the one section without the AIs and as I said there are a few restaurants/bars right on the beach kind of like Cabarete. There are also a few large discos/nightclubs (including Webster Hall from NYC and MonteCristos from Santo Domingo) a short cab ride away. There are several small hotels and dozens of condos in the area. There's plenty of info on here and elsewhere on the web if you do a little more searching.