Miss Universe Contest

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
The Domincan Republic placed second in the Miss Universe contest just behind Miss Venuezala who won .

That's 2 years in a row for Venezuala....what happened to Colombia?

The DR girl should stop by the North Coast so we can all congradulate her on her valliant efforts!

Any thoughts?

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Kosovo should have won. I'm still trying to figure out how Venezuela won. She had the personality of a mannequin.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Chavez has another reason to open his mouth.:laugh:
Congrats to Miss Dom Rep for runner up...long live long legs.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
My family and I questioned how Kosovo was even in the top 10. Given the final five, I would have selected the following order:

Australia or Puerto Rico, then the Dominican Republic, Venezuela and since she somehow got selected, Kosovo.

My feelings exactly.

Close ups of Ms. Kosovo shows she was not very pretty at all.
Many facial expressions showed this.

SantiagoDR

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Miss Kosovo reminded me of Audrey Hepburn - she had a regal bearing. (My husband kept talking about how long her neck was:paranoid:) From the start my husband chose Miss Venezuela (the turncoat Dominican!),he thought she was gorgeous and classy, like the movie stars of old. He called it right though, said it would be between DR and Venezuela. I was rooting for Miss DR.

Guess Chavez and Leonel are happy today....

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I thought that with a couple of exceptions they were all lovely girls. My personal favorite was Miss Iceland and Miss Switzerland. Of the Latin girls I liked Miss Mexico best. Of the finalists Miss Dominican Republic and Miss Australia.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
so we watched it too! hahaha

dominican republic had high scores until she answered the question. i thought she would win or be 2nd place.

australia did quite well too but venezuela won because she answered her question the best.

kosovo was an idiot....i am famous & i like fame because i am famous (or something like that)

it all came down to the question!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I thought that with a couple of exceptions they were all lovely girls. My personal favorite was Miss Iceland and Miss Switzerland. Of the Latin girls I liked Miss Mexico best. Of the finalists Miss Dominican Republic and Miss Australia.

It was refreshing to see so many beautiful girls. I've lived near Atlantic City since 1980, and every year we would go up to the Boardwalk on the Friday night before Miss America was crowned to see their parade on the boardwalk. They'd come by in convertibles about 5 feet away, and we could see them up close. I often thought there were prettier girls working in Walmarts. Some made you wonder how the heck they even ended up in the competition. I know, Miss A isn't supposed to be a 'beauty contest'. Well, it should be a big part of it!

Bob, Miss Switzerland didn't look Swiss to me!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
It was refreshing to see so many beautiful girls. I've lived near Atlantic City since 1980, and every year we would go up to the Boardwalk on the Friday night before Miss America was crowned to see their parade on the boardwalk. They'd come by in convertibles about 5 feet away, and we could see them up close. I often thought there were prettier girls working in Walmarts. Some made you wonder how the heck they even ended up in the competition. I know, Miss A isn't supposed to be a 'beauty contest'. Well, it should be a big part of it!

Bob, Miss Switzerland didn't look Swiss to me!

That's because she has bloodlines from 4 different continents.

La Mariposa

Bronze
Jun 4, 2004
Miss Kosovo reminded me of Audrey Hepburn - she had a regal bearing. (My husband kept talking about how long her neck was:paranoid:) From the start my husband chose Miss Venezuela (the turncoat Dominican!),he thought she was gorgeous and classy, like the movie stars of old. He called it right though, said it would be between DR and Venezuela. I was rooting for Miss DR.

Guess Chavez and Leonel are happy today....

Chavez is happier though

Imbert369

Sep 21, 2008
I agree San. she would have won if she gave a strong an well answered answer. Whats with the shout out in the begining........this isnt the hood "what up bahamas" she is very beautiful and DR turns out great girls but I think now we have to focus on the speaking part.