M&M's versus Kika's Massage (My experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Juggle8890

Aug 24, 2009
M&M's versus Kika's Massage (My experience)

I have refrained from reviewing Sosua businesses for some time, as most have already been covered ad nauseum. However, I would like to share my reviews on the professional massage places in Sosua.

Kika's
Location: Immediately behind Lou's Shark Bar, on the second floor.
Atmosphere/ tranquility: Quiet, spacious, separate rooms, low stress. (Think of how you feel when listening to super mellow jazz music)
Professionalism: Great! Keeps appointments, doesn't bump people, won't squeeze a client if potentially overlaps another.
Experience: gives a normal length towel to wrap around or place over buttocks and waist area.
Massage: strong, thorough, takes the entire time.
Cost: $500 RD
Masseuse: Kika
Times visited: 2

M&M's
Location: Next to the Orange Shop, and close to Banco Popular.
Atmosphere/ tranquility: When I went. NO music. Two sets of simultaneous snoring in the adjacent room/ massage table (separated by a curtain).
Professionalism: Next to none. Had 2 phone conversations while performing.
Experience: Very weak massage, even after 2 requests to make stronger.
Cost: $600 RD (However, I left after she refused to end the snoring; Instead she tried to drown the snoring out by turning the fan on maximum). $400 requested for 20 min.
Masseuse: Didn't get her name. However, she was about 50, white/ light skin, curly black hair. Possibly European with passable Spanish and English.
Times visited: 1x too many

I know that M&M's has long been a favorite of the board. However, I think that it has fallen WAY off, from what I experienced to that of others, in the past. I understand that I only went once to this establishment, yet that one time, was once too many.

My .02 cents.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
Don't know if he is spamming, but....

I also have been to both on occasion, I have been to Kika's about 10 times and M&M about 3 or 4 times.

I absolutely love Kika's both of the masseuse's that work there, Kika and the other girl, actually I have only had a massage from Kika twice or maybe three of the times I have been there, I totally agree with Juggle view of the place and how they do their business, I too highly recommend it. I often got massages while I lived in NY, one of my favorite places was the Wellness Center in Plainview, that place was great but the massages would normally be about $80.00/hr and then you would throw in a tip. Was always satisfied with them and their service, but I must say I was blown away by Kika's place, it was every bit as good and what are we talking about 500 rd or about $15.00/hr, I guess you know which one is my new favorite.

As far as M&M is concerned, I must admit the only times I went there was when Kika's was busy and I didn't want to wait. But having said that I didn't have the same bad experience that Juggle had, I felt their massages although not as good (but not too far below) as Kika's they still were good, and I never had an older woman give me a massage, the three times I went the masseuse was always an attractive woman in mid twenties or early thirties. I can also recommend this place based on my experiences.

Bottom line is I like to be pampered and massages are and always will be part of my pampering. If I had to make a choice the choice would be Kika's, very pleasant and professional.

Rocko

Aug 9, 2009
Thank You

Thank you for your review on massage choices as being a newbie to Sosua I probably would have never known about these two establishments......it actually is going to save me so money too as the hotel wants $23 and probably wouldn't have been half as good......thanks!

Juggle8890

Aug 24, 2009
You have only one post? Many think you are spamming, these forums, we are watching dilegently

I can't say that I don't understand the skepticism, as I only have 1 post. However, I am not one to post for the sake of posting. I try to provide information with my posts, as opposed to administrating the posts of others.

Although my post count is low, I have been a lurker/reader of DR1 for over 2 years. I just now felt that I had something to share.

Please keep watching my posts diligently.

Why

" as opposed to administrating the posts of others"

someone must do it to keep the forums in decent shape, all forums are moderated by staff of DR1 and many volunteers, you cannot see the amount of spam that happens, DR1's spambuster software hides over 75% of it, but nothing is perfect.
Many also post using other logins, which we have software that finds that also.

My point was it was your first post and your statement said you refrained for quite sometime, feel free to post any of your opinions that is what an information forum like this is for.

Hlywud
Moderator/DR1

DOMINCAN JOE

Bronze
Aug 15, 2006
Although my post count is low, I have been a lurker/reader of DR1 for over 2 years. I just now felt that I had something to share.

Please keep watching my posts diligently.

As a lurker for two years have you noticed how many one time poster,s are spammers i have lost count BTW welcome to dr1:cheeky:

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Thank you for your review on massage choices as being a newbie to Sosua I probably would have never known about these two establishments......it actually is going to save me so money too as the hotel wants $23 and probably wouldn't have been half as good......thanks!

Maybe you can negotiate a massage and nap on the table for that price, from the OP's post, it sounds like you can also rent the room for a nap?

snoozer

Jan 22, 2004
Maybe you can negotiate a massage and nap on the table for that price, from the OP's post, it sounds like you can also rent the room for a nap?

You hit the nail on the head. I just talked to one of the masseuses from M and M and she recalled the incident, her client fell asleep during the massage and started snoring. It has happened to me more than once.

The other problems the OP related are not typical of my many experiences at M and M. For less than $ 20 you get an hour long proffesional massage in an air conditioned room, would cost at least $ 80 back here in Canada.

To answer the other point, no they do not offer extras and the girls are very offended when asked. They are very proud of their reputation as proffesional masseuses and do not want to be associated with the other type of massage offered elsewhere in Sosua.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
strictly therapeutic

I think he wants to know if there is a happy ending...

These are only professional massages, nothing else offered, if that is what you are looking for, you are looking in the wrong place. There are other places in Sosua, where you can get the other is that is what you desire.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
These are only professional massages, nothing else offered, if that is what you are looking for, you are looking in the wrong place. There are other places in Sosua, where you can get the other is that is what you desire.

it may be what this thread is all about....

danely

Apr 23, 2004
There is another really great legitimate massage place called Junilsa's. You will see the sidewalk sign in front of a small foot traffic only commercial center (like a little strip mall), next to the nice crafts shop on the other side of the street from the little Playero (sorry, don't know the street name). It's about midway between the Playero and the the new fountain in the plaza, but on the opposite side of the street. Been there a lot...always excellent and no funny stuff at all....not even a hint of it, so you can actually relax. Junilsa only hires graduates of massage schools. She and her staff are really decent and friendly people....highly recommend.

Mr Barcelo

Jul 22, 2009
It was told to me that both Kika and her partner both worked at M & M in the past. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Can't go wrong with either place but I think Kika has some magical hands. Not a big difference in price either - 500 versus 600 pesos.

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
I believe you are right

It was told to me that both Kika and her partner both worked at M & M in the past. Please correct me if I'm wrong. Can't go wrong with either place but I think Kika has some magical hands. Not a big difference in price either - 500 versus 600 pesos.

That is what I understand as well, and then she went off and opened her own place, the way business should be conducted.

She does have magical hands, and I have fallen asleep myself while receiving a massage at her place, of course they always woke me up when it was time to turn over or leave:cheeky:;)

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
when a man goes to massage. its because of tension. This is not a big deal. not prost. not whoring, a complete rubdown or a rub up and down. I myself would never cross this establishments door.
Sometimes a man does not want this part of his anatomy massaged. no problem.
they ask...

When ANYONE goes for a massage it is for tension, not just men, but women too. I also happen to have pain on occasion in my neck and back, I also on occasion have been known to go to a chiropractor for a little relief. It has nothing to do with anything sexual, but instead therapeutic, those that don't understand that need to get their heads out of the gutter, and get a life.

Why do some always have to bring things to it most base elements, the original poster was talking about a good massage, nothing more and nothing less, and his experiences in two particular places, why do some insist on putting sex into everything that is discussed????????????

Nothing wrong with sex, but it doesn't have to be in a discussion about everything.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
i concur but if you are not turned on by a woman rubbing all over your body, then you have one foot in the grave whether it's stress or theraputic :ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.