Any problems with bringing my dominicana to an all-inclusive

todobien

Jul 20, 2008
I want to take my fiance to a nice all-inclusive in bavaro area. I'm a fourty something gringo she is a 20 something dominicana. Is there any problems with checking into say Barcelo Dominican Beach hotel. Please go easy on me with the moralizing about older gringo, younger dominicana. Anybody have experience with this situation. I don't want to put her in an embarrassing situation. Thanks. rw

Jun 18, 2007
www.rentalmetrocountry.com
I want to take my fiance to a nice all-inclusive in bavaro area. I'm a fourty something gringo she is a 20 something dominicana. Is there any problems with checking into say Barcelo Dominican Beach hotel. Please go easy on me with the moralizing about older gringo, younger dominicana. Anybody have experience with this situation. I don't want to put her in an embarrassing situation. Thanks. rw

All you have to do is register your girlfriend and then it should be no problem.
Have fun:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

Yayow

Sep 4, 2007
All you have to do is register your girlfriend and then it should be no problem.

Exactly as long as she is registered with you, there will be no problems at all, just make sure she has her ID with her.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
I'm pondering - do gringos ever go out with Dominicanas that are older or equal in age to themselves ? It would avoid some of the embarressment on both sides I should imagine

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I'm pondering - do gringos ever go out with Dominicanas that are older or equal in age to themselves ? It would avoid some of the embarressment on both sides I should imagine

You couldn't resist now could you JR?

todobien

Jul 20, 2008

thanks for the reply. when you say register her do you mean when i book the room to put her name on the reservation too. i was going to book thru expedia and i don't know it they have a place to put all names down. thanks again

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Just book a room for two on Expedia, in your name, bring her with cedula to check in, and she is a registered guest just like you.

If anybody looks at you funny, ask them if their name is jrhartley!

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
At Sun Village there were these three gringo guys MUCH older than you (probably in their 60s) with 3 Dominicanas much younger than them (probably early 20s) and nobody gave them any trouble that I saw. The girls were dressed like sluts and they could barely talk to each other because the guys apparently didn't know Spanish but I didn't see anyone at the Resort bothering them, and I saw them everyday that I was there. (Not that I was specifically eyeing them just that they didn't look like your average couples!!!)
SHALENA

Black Dog

Bronze
May 29, 2009
At Sun Village there were these three gringo guys MUCH older than you (probably in their 60s) with 3 Dominicanas much younger than them (probably early 20s) and nobody gave them any trouble that I saw. The girls were dressed like sluts and they could barely talk to each other because the guys apparently didn't know Spanish but I didn't see anyone at the Resort bothering them, and I saw them everyday that I was there. (Not that I was specifically eyeing them just that they didn't look like your average couples!!!)
SHALENA

Not nice in a family hotel JMHO

pkaide1

Bronze
Aug 10, 2005
Just book a room for two on Expedia, in your name, bring her with cedula to check in, and she is a registered guest just like you.

If anybody looks at you funny, ask them if their name is jrhartley!

Even better, since she is Dominican both of you can get a discount. She needs to show her Cedula and ask for it. Just for being a Dominican citizen she gets a discount almost in all the resorts in the country.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
right and I have dry mangrove swamp land for sale in Barahona

it's true in many of the all-inclusives... i used to let my secretary book hotels for business guests & occasionally myself. we almost always got an 'in-country' discount. unless the policy's been discontinued in the last few years

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
SHALENA

I would give them a second look...........i always do........lol

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

My wife is 2 and 1/2 years younger than me. Is that more appropriate? My brother is 45 and his Cuban wife is 27, and they aren't embarrassed by the age difference.

Last edited:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Even better, since she is Dominican both of you can get a discount. She needs to show her Cedula and ask for it. Just for being a Dominican citizen she gets a discount almost in all the resorts in the country.

If you book in country through a Dominican travel agent you will most certainly get a discounted price. We've done so more than once.