info on marriage/legal

A

Allison Walker

I need to get some information on a Marriage that supposedly took place in the Dominican Republic on May 9, 2000. Where can I acces to verify if marriage took place and if it is legal and recognized in the United States. I need this info ASAP.

B

Bob Saunders

There is a marriage register book where all marriages performed by a civil judge are held, there also another book where the people who got married have to sign. If you contact the local officials of the city/town where the marriage took place you should be able to verify.

A

Allison Walker

I don't know where exactly the marriage took place. All I know is that it was on May 9, 2000. It may have been in puerta plata. How do I access the records can I do this online.

A

Allison Walker

I believe if it is not puerta plata it may be santo domingo. I need this ifo as soon as possible. Thanks

A

Allison Walker

I also need to find out how to access a directory (phone on line)
Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated. And maybe how to access the local newspapers of the Dominican Republic.

E

Eddy

The biggest newspaper in the country is Listin Diario. (See link)
As for your other question, unless you can contact one of the parties involved i.e. witness etc. that can tell you exactly where, what parish etc. or you have extreme LUCK, you will probably never find out. If it was in a small Parish, chances are it?s written in their local register and will not get transferred to the main registry for years. Hope you have that extreme LUCK.
Eddy

A

Allison Walker

Thanks Eddy I am going to need that extreme luck. I just wish I knew where to find it. Is there a directory (phone) that I can access on line. Also if one of the parties is from the U.S. wouldn't it have to be registered through the U.S. consulate and then with the U.S. state dept. Until then would it be recognized in the U.S.?

E

Eddy

Hi, Unfortunatly I am not is a position to give you any advise on that. As a rule, unless they are registered in the USA or Canada they are NOT recognized in those countries. I suggest that you get a legal opinion on that. Good Luck.

A

Allison Walker

Re: need to locate Alvarado

I am trying to find a Ravinetta or Robinetta Alvarado, she married Luis Alvarado from the United States I have very important information for her. They were married on May 9, 2000. Please have her e-mail me or let me know how to reach her.

H

hillbilly

Lookes to me like someone...

has a major problem here.

Look Allison, if you want to search the records, go to a link to the lawyers at the top of the page. They can send a clerk to check the Central Registry in Santo Domingo for May 9th. It SHOULD be registered by now. Even the smallest parishes send the documentation to the local officials quite quickly.

Another solution might be to take out an ad in a local paper and ask for "such and such " a person to call you collect.

"Either Puerto Plata or Santo Domingo" leaves too much to chance....

IF the marriage was for profit-not uncommon here-than it was probably registered at the US Consulate, either at Bill Kirkman's
rather inefficient office in Puerto Plata or at the Embssy in Santo Domingo. Not that is matters. Marriages are valid there, in the States, if they can produce the papers from here.

HB

E

Eddy

Re: Lookes to me like someone...

Unless things have changed recently,(last few years) the small isolated towns had a records book in which marriages etc. were registered. When the book was "full" it was sent to the Capital. In a small quiet town, this could take years.

R

Rose

I am also looking for the same person. I have some information that may be vital to her health and the well being of any of her future children. I don' believe that her new husband has been totally upfront and honest, he may also be a bigamist, which may cause her some trouble into trying to enter the U.S. or Puerto Rico. Please have her e-mail or post message on how to contact her as soon as possible.

R

Roberto

ummm
it seems like you really wan to help this person
because she are A good Friend of yours
now how come you don't have her Email/phone/Fax/Mail direction
wen she are A good Friend of you
it is not perhaps A personel Reason that are moving you on this usue?
you Really wan to help this person ,ore you don't like this guy?
there are something bizarre in you history

beside are she under 18?
ore this guy have Really A good way to lies that
she became A zombie and married him in A Record Time
with out here asking questions to him ore to you

and why don't you expose the Jeopardy history that you have to tell here?
perhaps more people would join you on you quest
don't you think?