cell phone and entertainment

looking4info

Aug 15, 2009
ok just go to santo domingo yesterday and got me a apartment via DR1 thx for the site.

now I thught my cell phone was unlocked but found out its not (shoot). need a place to unlock it or should i just buy a throw away while im here? if you know of a place to unlock it near Instituto Cultural Dominico Americano i would appreciate it. I have very little spanish skills and didnt realize how few people speak english lol so this issue has been hard to work out.

I am only going to be in santo domingo for a few more days then planning to head east and work my way around the coast toward santiago.would like to stay in 5 or 6 towns along the way for a few days each and looking for sugestions for what towns to hit or avoid and some must does while there.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
yeap,
you get a cheapy for 300-400 pesos.
to get yours unlocked will cost you the same.
for your ride towards the east and than to the center Santiago:
spend some days in the punta cana area, then some around Miches, the Harleys Heaven Guesthouse at Laguna de Limon there is a great spot to do so, spend some days in Santiago, maybe you should also spend some in Samana, beautiful place.
they all together will give you very different impressions of the same Island.
enjoy the roundtrip and let us know how it went.
we are always hungry for trip reports
Mike

looking4info

Aug 15, 2009
ok well got the cell thing worked out today 900 pesos best i could find with my vast spanish skills lol

think ima hit Juan Dolio for a day or 2 then la romana for the same.

as for punta cana i see it on the south east end of the isle saona is that right and how do i get to it and how much is it to get there? been just looking at busing around to save pesos and after 4 days in santo domingo not sure how I could ever live here on 1000us a month. i must drink too many cevesas. liking the 100pesos per 22oz presidentes (with tip) though :)

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
1000us per month for good wine and some cold presis is a realistic rate for a good decent livestyle on the Isle, he he.
btw,
the liter bottles Presidentes are islandwide 100 pesos max per bottle, cold of course.
travelling by bus is much cheaper than drinking,
st dgo to higuey is around 220 pesos p.P. per ride, a bit less if you jump off in La Romana of course.
Saona Island is on the eastern tip of the south coast, in front of Bayahibe.
what is named/called punta cana is the hotelarea east of Higuey, the southern tip of the east coast, 90 minutes drive from la romana.
enjoy the rides
Mike