Mosquito Magnet ?

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Looking to purchase the Mosquito Magnet as describe in an old thread.

Does anybody know where i can purchase one in Santo Domingo/San Pedro etc

thanks

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
Looking to purchase the Mosquito Magnet as describe in an old thread.

Does anybody know where i can purchase one in Santo Domingo/San Pedro etc

thanks

I looked into these.
Did not find any in the DR, but if anybody has it at times, it could be Ferreteria Amaricana. Still, from what I've observed with other specialty products sold here in place like these, you would find it priced at the highest US price + 30% to 100% and most likely still get the lower grade, smaller or outdated model or brand.
I'd recommend you study the various brands and models on-line and then later get one off e-bay, buy.com, amazon etc... and have it shipped thru a Miami shipping forwarder. You will get what you NEED and at a most likely lower price than you'd get the "other" thingy here (if ever).
The (gas grill sized) propane tanks are available here (PriceSmart).

Mosquito magnets are designed for L A R G E properties, NOT a city home. They are meant to be set up AWAY from where you don't want mosquitoes as they WILL ATTRACT mosquitoes. So you really do not want to set'em up in your patio or in front of your bedroom balcony (I tried :eek:gre:).

... J-D.

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
One used(?) Liberty Mosquito Magnet for sale in Sosua... I know it's not the capital but for someone else or if you would want to buy/ship to Sto Domingo can probably be arranged. I'm in no way related to the website or seller... had just seen it online a while back & still seems to be one for sale (there were 2 for sale).

Look under the category "electric equipment" segunda mano

whiskylee

May 13, 2007
Thanks JD & CFA123

Great info i will call Segunda Mano and see if the used one is still for sale and in good order etc. If not i will look into having one shipped over.

Whiskylee