Accounting question

Feb 7, 2007
I am putting this in "living" to get exposure, later I will ask mods to move this to biz section.

Can accounting/bookkeeping in the DR be done on "cash basis", or only on accrual basis? If cash basis, how/when do I select the cash basis over accrual basis?

Another question. Where can I get some decent book(s) on DR accounting including tips and tricks? Everything I found out in bookstores in SD so far is international accounting or accounting modeled around US or Spanish standards, published by Pearson, McGraw Hill, etc.
(What I have in mind is the book along the line of self-help books which show what is permitted under the law and what not, in each of the specific categories, etc.). I have downloaded Codigo Tributario but the stuff is pretty much useless.

I do have a biz degree and I did Intermediate accounting at UNI so I am familiar with (U.S.) accounting, but I need something DR-related. My company is small biz, and now handling DR clients, but I am not in a position to pay accountant to book-keep less than 10 monthly transactions.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I would get a long list of all your questions and sit down with a decent accountant for a coupe of hours. You might just be surprised what you get out of it.