Bachelor Party in DR - 12 guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

gwalnut

Sep 1, 2009
Hi,

I am planning a bachelor party to the DR for my friend and will have 12 guys. We are having trouble deciding on a resort and are looking mainly in the Playa Dorada area due to some of the guys concerned about safety in DR. Can anyone provide some advice in selecting a resort?

Most of the guys are in their mid 30s and a few are single and will be looking to pickup girls (not hire). Only 2 of us speak any Spanish.

We are looking for 2 things in a resort:
- An active party pool by day
- access to great dance clubs at night

All inclusive is preferable
No kids is preferable but not a deal breaker

Thanks.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
Hi,

I am planning a bachelor party to the DR for my friend and will have 12 guys. We are having trouble deciding on a resort and are looking mainly in the Playa Dorada area due to some of the guys concerned about safety in DR. Can anyone provide some advice in selecting a resort?

Most of the guys are in their mid 30s and a few are single and will be looking to pickup girls (not hire). Only 2 of us speak any Spanish.

We are looking for 2 things in a resort:
- An active party pool by day
- access to great dance clubs at night

All inclusive is preferable
No kids is preferable but not a deal breaker

Thanks.

If you are having a Bachelor party you should stay at a hotel or villa in Sosua as you cannot bring home the ladies at all inclusive resorts.

carib

Jul 16, 2002
oh my

Do not stay at a all inclusive
I wish I could be there....
Sosua/ Cabarete is the place for you
carib

gwalnut

Sep 1, 2009
What hotels in Sosua or Cabarete have great pool parties and are close to the best clubs?

Feb 7, 2007
a few are single and will be looking to pickup girls (not hire)

If you are a tourist in the DR, your chances of "picking up" girls are slim to none. Your chances of hiring them are 99.99%. Now, you may be able to pick up girls (or that you will think) but you will be actually hiring them and the rental fee is expected.

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
If you are a tourist in the DR, your chances of "picking up" girls are slim to none. Your chances of hiring them are 99.99%. Now, you may be able to pick up girls (or that you will think) but you will be actually hiring them and the rental fee is expected.

Just can't wait to here their stories like " When this BEE Ouch stole my cell phone and got pregnet and I has to sent the money Western Union.... now Ya know where to go as there's a great place to meet girls as they drive away in their New Ride!

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
gwal,
if you want to consider cabarete...
look at Hotel Cabarete Palm Beach Condos and Studios
or for all inclusive the Viva Wyndham Tangerine

if you want to go more upscale, http://www.oceandreamcabarete.com very nice.

of the three, only viva would have limitations on bringing a guest back with you.

I don't think you'll find a major pool scene at any of those, but the town makes up for it during the day with the watersports (kiting, surfing, windsurfing) and at night with nice restaurants on the beach & the beachfront bars/discos later at night. Palm Beach Condos is well-located in the middle of everything. Viva's about a 10 minute walk on the beach from town, but you have the AI features you wanted.

You're also 15 minutes by taxi from Sosua if you want to give that a shot.

Reactions: mike l

blacknmild

Sep 2, 2009
Villas

I've heard that the DR has the most beautiful women in the world. I've been just reading posts on this site for like a year and since I know I'm really going, need to start getting some info. At this point there is four of us that are planning on going next year and we are interested in knowing if there are any nice villas that allow you to bring company back to the villa with you?

Last edited:

mike l

Silver
Sep 4, 2007
I've heard that the DR has the most beautiful women in the world. I've been just reading posts on this site for like a year and since I know I'm really going, need to start getting some info. At this point there is four of us that are planning on going next year and we are interested in knowing if there are any nice villas that allow you to bring company back to the villa with you?

Yes , Yes and Yes.!

Look in the classified section for rentals and yes ,Yes and Yes is all you will hear only in Spanish!

That's just me bragging....

PC

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
It appears the OP is not looking for Putas. Just some resort fun.

Most resorts (AI's) are not party central. Most single women at the AI's are there to visit their WU novios. If the single guys are looking for some action then a few day/night trips to Sosua or Caberette might be some fun. I am sure the resort can hook you up with transportation.

Anyone know if Jack Tar might be a good fit for these guys?

OP sent you a PM.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
It appears the OP is not looking for Putas. Just some resort fun.

Agreed.

Most resorts (AI's) are not party central. Most single women at the AI's are there to visit their WU novios.

While it is undoubtedly true sometimes I would disagree that it is true "most" of the time. Many resorts have single young ladies whose main desire is to have some fun, get some sun and decompress. The numbers will vary from resort to resort and from week to week but being located in a complex like Playa Dorada and frequenting the discos there will increase the odds.

If the single guys are looking for some action then a few day/night trips to Sosua or Caberette might be some fun. I am sure the resort can hook you up with transportation.

Agreed.

Anyone know if Jack Tar might be a good fit for these guys?

You're dating yourself - LOL.

Jack Tar was renamed Holiday Village Golden Beach two or three years ago and is being renamed again on Nov. 1st to Allegro Puerto plata Golden Beach or something like that.

Blue Bay would be a good place to go as it is adult only and is popular with the younger crowd.

Gregg

gwalnut

Sep 1, 2009
Hey,

Sorry for the delay in responding to your advice.

What about BlueBay Villas in Playa Dorada? It's adult only.
What are the 2 Sosua upscale hotels?

Of the resorts in Playa Dorada, which one/two would you suggest for a bunch of guys looking for an active pool party and access to good discos?

Are any of the discos in Playa Dorada good?

My friends are definitely not the hiring kind of guys.

G

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Pool parties

Coincidentally, I blundered onto a tv show last night "Rehab--Pool Party at the Hard Rock Hotel" or something like that. It's a "reality/documentary" type show that features the real pool party at this Las Vegas hotel.

If that's the OP's point of reference for a pool party in the DR, he won't find anything remotely like it.

But, he probably should remember that bachelor parties traditionally include group activities--so the day trips to waterfalls, canyoning, biking, and all the ocean oriented things that groups do in the DR should really be part of the attraction.

If the group really wants to watch their single buds hook up without paying for it, they should go somewhere else. My opinion.

But it they want to do things they can actually talk about at the wedding--and show the pictures--the great outdoors of the DR awaits.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
rpg, residencial hispaniola is right behind the police station well within walking distance of everything during the day. it's like a 5 minute motoconcho ride at night.
i remember when i stayed at Sosua Bay and i met some girls from Casa Marina, they could not come into my hotel nor me enter theirs. guests can only come to the lobby area whether you are tourists or locals. very strange policy.
i say that because you may stay at PD complex but you can't even bring in the foreign girls into your hotel......

ctrob

Silver
Nov 9, 2006
My friends are definitely not the hiring kind of guys.
G

There are plenty of nice chicas in Sosua. Go out to the clubs, dance and meet them, and in the morning just help them out with some pesos to help their family. You and your friends will have a great time.

That's how it works....

If your friends have an issue with that type of arrangement, then as mentioned previously - Sosua is the wrong place for you. And the DR is probably the wrong place altogether for gringos looking to get a regular date with a chica, with little or no spanish and then leave 5 days later.

PM me if you need more detailed specifics.

Status
Not open for further replies.