Certificate of Good Conduct

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
A little help needed,
I've been asked to provide a certificate of good conduct from any country I've been in for more that 3 months consecutive over the past five years in order to pass a certain type of security clearance here in Canada for something personal. Does anyone know how I can get this within the next 3 weeks?

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
A letter of good conduct states that the requesting party has no criminal arrest record, So this would be the same as a crimminal record check. In Canada from RCMP, OPP, QPP....etc.

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
heres how

You go to DR immigration (large building along the ocean). You apply, pay a little money and they tell you to return to pick up the certificate of good conduct. I have to do it also to get my DR drivers license even though its part of the cedula process and my cedula is only two months old. You can probably do it through a lawyer without having to go down to the office in person. Of course it will be a lot more expensive.

Santos

Aug 10, 2008
Ok, I wasn't as clear as I should have been. I'm here in Canada, I'm not going down to the DR, but I need this good conduct certificate, does anyone have experience with this.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
usually relatives will not get that for you.
to get it in person is since a long while quick and easy and hassle free.
330 pesos in change money, go to the office of the next mayor office of your home , they issue it everywhere, bring a copy of your up to date renewed cedula, wait 10 - 20 minutes and leave with your certificate. it is valid for 90 days.at least that's the actual procedure in Higuey.
in case of a lawyer doing such for a person out of the country i have no clue about the rules.
i would guess that the dominican embassy in Ottawa is your place to go to to get such papers from your homecountry, at least that's what embassies and consulars should be there for.
their contacts in Ottawa are
phone: 513-569-9898
fax: 513-569-8673
e-mail: info@drembassy.org

in case you are not a dominican citizen or a foreigner with a still up to date renewed cedula, forget about it.
good luck
Mike